It's March Madness at Hiatt for Seniors!
Mar. 04, 2013
Seniors, it's hard to believe you're in the home stretch of your time at Brandeis. Don't get stressed; it's actually the perfect time to get in the game! Hiatt has a maddening amount of senior-specific career programming this month, and we don't want you to miss out!
Step on the Court: Meet with a career counselor one-on-one.
If you have no clue as to what you are doing after graduation, we can help you get started. To kick off March Madness, Hiatt is offering 30 min. career counseling slots for seniors who are just starting to think about "what next" on March 7 and 8 from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm. Call (781) 736-3618 to make your appointment!
Steps to get ready:
- Call Hiatt to book a senior appointment at 781-736-3618.
- So we will have a place to start our conversation, please begin to identify your skills, interests and values using TypeFocus at www.typefocus.com:
- Use bu78 for site password
- Create a user name and password
- Answer spontaneously
- Print a copy of your results and write a few sentences telling us something interesting about yourself
At another stage, no problem! Check out the workshops below, and our appointment and drop-in hours.
Get a Job: Build your fan base using LinkedIn.
Most job seekers secure a job with the support of a networking contact. Do you know you could be connecting with thousands of Brandeis alumni online but don't know how? Whatever your comfort level with this online networking gem may be, RSVP for one (or more!) of our upcoming workshops:
- Workshop: I'm on LinkedIn...Now What? | March 5, 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Webinar: The Basics of LinkedIn | Wednesdays, 2:15 - 4:00 pm
- Workshop: Enhancing Your LinkedIn Profile | March 13, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Encore Workshop: I'm on LinkedIn...Now What? | March 19, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Find a way to the Final Four: Learn how to conduct a strategic job search.
Hiatt's job search workshops will help you get started.
- Workshop: Long Distance Job Search | March 11, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Workshop: Job Search Strategies | March 12, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
- Workshop: Present Yourself Well | March 13, 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Encore Workshop: Job Search Strategies | March 19, 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Hit that 3 Point Shot: Sharpen your interviewing skills.
Tell me about yourself. If your automatic thought is, "My favorite color is orange and I like long walks on the beach," you may want to join us online:
- Webinar: Interviewing 101 | March 27, 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Then, get invaluable in-person feedback on your skills from alumni and employers during Hiatt's Practice Interview Day on Thursday, April 4. Sign up for a 30-minute practice interview slot with a professional in B.hired > Events > Workshops.
If you can't make it to these in-person events, you can always practice online with InterviewStream by logging in to your B.hired account.
Get Drafted by Another Team: Law and Graduate School.
Is additional learning in your future? If so you may want to attend:
- Workshop: Law School Alumni Panel | March 11, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Workshop: Applying to Graduate School | March 13, 5:45 - 6:45 pm
- Workshop: Preparing a Law School Application | March 19, 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Put it all into practice.
Hiatt is hosting the 2nd annual Just In Time Job & Internship Fair on April 9. 50+ employers will be on campus to recruit you for immediate full-time positions. Network with employers in the morning during a traditional career fair format for a chance to interview on-site for real positions in the afternoon. RSVP in B.hired and upload a stellar resume by April 3 and we'll send it to employers in advance.