Upcoming Deadline: 2015 YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund (11/1)
Sep. 13, 2015
The YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund encourages gifted and enterprising liberal arts students to pursue careers in design, merchandising, retailing and business. The program offers internships, career mentoring from prominent senior executives and $5,000 scholarships for students interested in the business of fashion as a career. Brandeis is one of 41 educational institutions nationwide selected to participate in the competition.
For additional information about YMA, please visit their website.
DID YOU KNOW? Brandeis students have been incredibly successful in their pursuits of the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund. From 2009-2015, 13 Brandeis students have been award recipients of the YMA FSF.
YMA Scholarship Case Study Info Session
Friday, September 25, 2015 | 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This info session will be led by two members of the YMA FSF Faculty Committee helps students apply the marketing strategy and analysis necessary in developing the case study component of the application.
YMA FSF Information Session with David Katz
Friday, October 2, 2015 | 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
David Katz, Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer of Randa Accessories and Brandeis Ambassador to the YMA, will speak to select students on the following topics: “the new age of fashion invention and innovation and the new age of creative careers.” The YMA Fashion Scholarship's application process and how to stand out as a candidate will also be covered.
Application & Deadlines:
- Download application materials from B.hired. Note: Eligible students must be a current freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. Applying seniors must be graduating in spring or summer 2016. Seniors graduating fall 2015 are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- The application deadline is Sunday, November, 2 at 11:59 p.m. By this date students will need to have submitted their online applications, resume, & the first draft of the case study.
Students are encouraged to work with faculty on the preparation of their case studies. Students are welcome to work with any faculty member; however the following faculty members have offered themselves as a resource to YMA applicants on the case study component of the scholarship application. These professors are listed below.
- Professor Alice Kelikian, Chair
- Professor Jane Ebert
- Professor Tory Fair
- Professor Maura Jane Farrelly
- Professor Grace E. Zimmerman