Photos and quotes from BIMA participants.
Brandeis University and Beyond
As a participant in an Encounters program, you’ll get a glimpse of the student experience at Brandeis University. The tradition of social justice, academic and artistic achievement at Brandeis resonates through everything we do.
A Glimpse of College Life
- Enjoy "dorm living" with other participants in an undergraduate college residence hall. Rooms offer a typical college-style setup, with 2-3 roommates living in a room on a hall with a shared bathroom.
- Join new friends for meals in the Brandeis cafeteria. Sherman Dining Hall offers kosher and non-kosher cafeteria-style food options at all meals.
- Take advantage of full access to the university’s athletic facilities, the library, the student center, and the Rose Art Museum.
Interested in Brandeis for college?
If you are interested in pursuing studies at Brandeis University after you graduate, the Brandeis University Admissions Office will offer a special college informational session for Encounters participants. Admissions officers will also reserve a block of time during the summer for participants entering 12th grade to schedule college interviews.
- Explore Greater Boston arts and recreation offerings on field trips to museums, cultural performances, and films.
- Venture on day trips to Cambridge, downtown Boston, or other fun destinations in the area.