Courses at Genesis are unlike any high school classroom learning experience. The courses examine areas of knowledge that begin with an academic discipline and integrate Judaism. Our faculty lead you through complex, compelling topics that encourage critical thinking and challenge assumptions. Jewish texts, traditions and perspectives infuse your study of subjects ranging from gender to technology to world religions.
- Science, Society, and Ethics enter the world of scientific discovery, experimentation, and exploration
- Power of the Press: The Impact and Ethics of Journalism take a close look at the media and how it influences policy, politics and our lives
- Beyond Belief: Exploring World Religions consider binaries in various world religions: individuals and community, human and divine, sacred and profane
- Innovation and Revolution: Making, Breaking and Hacking 21st Century Technology use innovative technology to create real world item and investigate the impact of digital technology on society
- Business on a Mission: Entrepreneurship and Social Change explore social entrepreneurship and the role businesses can play in fixing the world
- Investigating Gender, Sexuality and Society delve into the complex relationship between gender, sexuality and the world we live in
With intellectual vigor, yet without the stress of grades or papers, Genesis courses prompt questions as much as they provide answers. You will help shape your experience by taking responsibility for parts of the course and getting practical experience in your chosen discipline.
The courses are structured to provide in-depth learning enriched by hands-on experiences and excursions to relevant institutions in Greater Boston, as well as interactive presentations from experts in the field. You will have opportunities to contribute to the course and your questions and interests will help shape the direction of the course and the hands-on projects.