HBI Student Prize
The HBI announces the fourth annual prize recognizing the creative and significant work carried out by Brandeis students in the field of Jewish gender studies. The HBI Prize will be awarded to one undergraduate and one graduate student for an exceptional research paper written in the current (2013/2014) academic year that exemplifies the HBI's mission of producing fresh ideas about Jews and gender. The winners of the prize will each receive a cash award of $250.
• Research in all disciplines is eligible (i.e. arts, humanities, sciences and social sciences).
• Papers of any length accepted.
• The paper can be a chapter or section of a larger work such as an honors thesis, master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation.
• Art projects must include a written narrative.
• Papers will be judged for creativity, contribution to the subject, excellence of writing, and integration of gender studies with Jewish
Applicants submitting papers for the HBI Prize should send both an electronic copy and a hard copy with an accompanying cover letter to:
Debby Olins, HBI Program Manager
Deadline: Tuesday, April 15, 2014