Meet the Staff
- Oversees staff, budget and operations of the Office of Human Resources
- Administers the university’s comprehensive human-resource programs and services
- Plans and manages programs for positive employee relations
- Implements and enforces wide range of personnel policies and procedures
- Oversees recruitment, staffing and retention for all nonfaculty positions
- Negotiates collective-bargaining agreements
- Administers unemployment insurance and workers compensation; staff and union grievances; and staff performance-evaluation program
- Plans and implements university-wide training and development program
- Manages the university's Office of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Provides administrative support for the vice president
- Acts as a primary liaison between vice president’s office and all levels of the organization
- Cocommunicates and collaborates with various internal administrative departments and outside vendors on a variety of issues and events
- Monitors the office’s budget and other information-systems data
- Administers university’s tuition-remission programs
- Ensures the smooth functioning of the human resources office
- Manages team of Human Resource Benefits staff
- Strategic partner in planning and communicating benefit changes and/or new benefits
- Leads the audit process for each benefit plan ensuring they are conducted according to schedules and guidelines
- Provides counseling to employees regarding the various plan benefits and investment options
- Arranges retirement plan education workshops and individual counseling with vendors
- Administers health and dental insurance plans
- Oversees COBRA notification process with university's third-party vendor
- Monitors and collects HIRD forms for employees who are eligible for but waive health coverage
- Administers life and long-term disability insurance plans
- Conducts benefits orientation for faculty and staff
- Administers wellness programming
- Administers health and dependent-care reimbursement accounts
- Administers university's workers-compensation program
HR Dir, ER, Employment, Title IX
Bachelor of Arts, California State University
- Directs a team of Human Resources staff including Employment, Employee Relations, Employee On-boarding and Training
- Provides a wide range of human resources related services including Employee/Labor Relations, Recruitment and Staffing, Performance Management and Training
- Areas of HR support including recruitment and talent acquisition, staff planning, performance management, management and employee development and training, harassment and discrimination claims, employee disability accommodation requests, leave management, grievance administration, manager/employee conflicts, and organizational development consultation
- Title IX Coordinator - responsible for monitoring the overall implementation of Title IX and coordinating compliance with Title IX in all areas covered by the implementing regulations
Bachelor of Arts, University of Wisconsin
Graduate Certificate in EEO Studies, Cornell University
- Develops, administers, and conducts training and organizational development programs for staff and faculty
- Identifies and assesses training needs of university staff through developing and networking relationships, focus groups/surveys and observation of university personnel to determine training needs and skill gaps
- Acts as liaison with external training vendors and consultants, and ensures quality of these courses
- Serves as the primary point of contact for HR training needs
- Collaborates with other universities to maximize training opportunities
Employee Relations and Employment Specialist
Bachelor of Arts, Wheaton College
- Coordinates recruitment, selection and hiring process in consultation with hiring managers
- Develops customized search plans for specialized and difficult-to-fill vacancies
- Assists university departments with various employment-related issues such as interpreting policies and procedures, advising and consulting with managers on organizational staffing, transfers, promotions, performance appraisal, corrective action concerns and assuring compliance with fair-search and affirmative-action policies
HR Business Partner and Sr. Employee Relations Specialist
Bachelor of Arts, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Provides managers/staff/faculty with comprehensive and proactive employee relations service in the form of counsel, intervention and resolution of issues
- Collaborates and provide assistance to the Director of Employment and Employee Relations with employee relations issues
- Provides guidance on performance management and corrective action concerns
- Receives and responds to affirmative action and harassment complaints
- Provides guidance and assistance with organizational development and reorganizations
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data gathered for use in trending and metrics reporting
- Handles inquiries and requests for leave of absences and disability accommodations
- Administers the FMLA leave policy for staff, which includes counseling employees and manager of their eligibility and benefits under the policy
Human Resources and Employment Coordinator
- Provides overall support to human resources staff
- Serves as the first point of contact for the office
- Assists with department Web site
- Assists employees with completing employment-related forms and serves as contact for all general employment-related questions
- Performs data entry of personnel records, assists with applicant tracking and coordinates scheduling new employees for orientation and all employees for training program
- Responsible for recruiting and screening applicants for various nonexempt, union and temporary positions
- Manages the sale and distribution of movie theater and museum tickets
HR Dir, Comp, OD, Services
Bachelor's Degree, Sociology, Douglass College, Rutgers University
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
Masters in Education Course Work, Leslie University
Kelly P. Santos
HR Dir, Systems & Data
- Manage HR systems team and partner with HR and IT organizations providing leadership, consultation, alternative solutions and improved efficiency.
- Manage the HR data and processes, enhancing key data governance activities & procedures to strengthen data integrity and security.
- Continuously improve HR technology infrastructure to automate processes, implement web-based self-service features and minimize administrative overhead.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify, prioritize and deliver enhancements for exceptional customer experience and changing business needs.
Senior HRIS Analyst
- Analyzes the use of HRMS to meet changing business requirements; under the direction of the Director of HRIS may lead projects and implementations.
- Coordinates project activities, such as prototyping, testing, communication, and roll-out with HR, LTS staff and others as needed.
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing and resolving system issues through reporting, process improvement, data changes, etc.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, providing innovative solutions, and/or major variations from established policy.
Associate HRIS Analyst
- Responsible for a maintaining confidential data in PeopleSoft HRMS, ensures security and integrity of data.
- Routes, tracks and processes all employee change requests.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation on systems and procedures.
- Manages existing reports and creates ad-hoc reports with varying levels of complexity as required.