March 11, 20195:30 - 7:00 PM
Mander Center for the Humanities, 3rd Floor Reading Room
A roundtable discussion exploring the relationship between Ireland and Israel, past, present and future. Free and open to the public. Wheelchair accessible.
Dr. Lisa Lynch, Provost and Maurice B. Hexter Professor of Social and Economic Policy, Brandeis University
- Former Ambassador to Ireland
- Alexander Kaye Karl, Harry, and Helen Stoll Assistant Professor of Israel Studies, and Assistant Professor in the Department of Near East and Judaic Studies, Brandeis University
- Frances Malino Sophia Moses Robison Professor Emerita of Jewish Studies and History, Wellesley University
Cosponsored by the Center for German and European Studies at Brandeis University.
March 27, 2019
5:30 – 7:00 PM
Hassenfeld Conference Center, Geller Conference Room
Free and open to the public. Wheelchair accessible.
A panel discussion.
Shayna Weiss, Associate Director, Schusterman Center for Israel Studies
- Eva Bellin, Myra and Robert Kraft Professor of Arab Politics, Crown Center for Middle East Studies
- Shai Feldman, Crown Family Director and Professor of Politics, Crown Center for Middle East Studies
- Yehudah Mirsky, Professor of Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Schusterman Center for Israel Studies
- Doron Shapir, M.A. Candidate for International Economics and Finance at the Brandeis International Business School
Cosponsored with the Crown Center for Middle East Studies at Brandeis University.
March 31, 2019
Sunday, March 31-Monday, April 1, 2019
Brandeis University's International Business School and the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies are pleased to announce their upcoming conference. It will be free and open to the public but registration will be required. Visit the conference website for program details and registration, coming soon.
Ilan Troen Lecture on Contemporary Israel Affairs
March 31, 2019, 3:00 - 5:00 PM
This annual lecture will feature a discussion with Dr. Karnit Flug, former governor of the Bank of Israel.
April 1, 2019, 8:30 AM - 2:45 PM
This day-long conference will allow Israel studies practitioners to explore the history and future direction of Israel’s innovation economy through workshops and lectures.
Recent events have included talks by former MK, Dr. Rachel Adatto; presentations by Frances Taylor Eizenstat '65 Undergraduate Israel Travel Grant recipients; a book launch by Francine Klagsbrun; and our annual conference featuring Rivka Carmi and Ambassador Daniel Shapiro.