If you need to send or receive documents from the ISSO, there are two shipping options — eShipGlobal or regular mail (United States Postal Service).
- Please fill out the Shipping Request Form.
- If using eShipGlobal, please complete the following steps to request this service. Express mail services are available at your own expense and your credit card will be charged when you request the service.
- Visit the eShipGlobal website.
- Register for an account. Enter the email address you will use for the communication from Brandeis, mailing address and phone number. Within 30 minutes after registering, you will receive an email requesting that you activate your account. This is required for you to begin using the account.
- Activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email you receive to activate your account. Once the activation is complete, you will receive an activation confirmation email.
- Prepare the shipping label. For this step, you must have already activated your account. Select "Receive" (to receive documents from ISSO) or “Send” (to send documents to ISSO) then “Massachusetts” from the map of the United States, next “Brandeis University” and finally “International Students and Scholars Office.” This will ensure your shipping label is received by the ISSO. Once you get to this step, you will need to have your mailing address (U.S. or foreign), phone number and email address. At the end of the screen, you should select “ship/quote.”
To use this online mailing service, you must use the website provided above — do NOT go to the FedEx, UPS or DHL website directly.
You will receive a quote and have the option to choose your carrier — FedEx, UPS or DHL. At this stage, you will also be able to select your method of payment (i.e., credit card or wire transfer).
Please pay close attention to the information submitted on these screens, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will be confirmation of your order. This email will provide you with detailed information about your shipment (i.e. payment amount, tracking number, mailing address, etc.).
If you are sending documents to ISSO, print the airway receipt and label, prepare the package, and take it to the FedEx, UPS or DHL office nearest to you. If you are receiving documents from the ISSO, the ISSO will receive a copy of the confirmation email at the same time as you, so there is no need to forward the information.
Regular Mail (United States Postal Service)
If you are currently in the United States and do not want to use eShipGlobal, we can send your documents by U.S. First Class Mail, free of charge. This option is only for documents that are four pages or less (excluding EAD cards), and for addresses within the U.S. only.