Transfer SEVIS Record to Brandeis
Students requesting to transfer their F-1 student SEVIS record from a previous school (or from OPT/Academic Training) to Brandeis University should review the SEVIS Transfer-In for F-1 Visa Holders information to confirm eligibility.
- Complete the top portion of the appropriate Transfer-In Form. Transfer-In Forms are located on the left side of this page.
- Once you have completed the top portion of your Transfer-In Form, please provide this form to the International Student Advisor (A/RO or P/DSO) at your previous/current institution and request your record be transferred to Brandeis.
- Your International Student Advisor will then need to complete the remainder of the Transfer-In Form, return it to Brandeis per the instructions on the form and then transfer your SEVIS record to Brandeis.
- Fill out and submit the appropriate VIDOF.
- Submit a copy of your valid passport (include the Photo ID page and expiration page).
- Submit a copy of your current and all previously issued Forms I-20/DS-2019.
- If you have a Paper Form I-94, submit a copy of the back and front. If you received an electronic I-94, submit a copy of it on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.
- Submit a copy of your current U.S. entry visa
- Submit a copy of any Employment Authorization Document (EAD Card) that you may have received for Optional Practical Training (F-1 students only)
Transfer-In Forms and all Required Documents should be returned to the Office of Admissions address listed on the bottom of the transfer-in form.
You will receive two I-20s throughout your SEVIS transfer. Brandeis will issue your "Transfer Pending" I-20 to you on or shortly after your SEVIS Transfer release Date. The ISSO must complete your SEVIS transfer within 15 days of the first day of classes. To do this, you will be required to complete your mandatory ISSO Online Check-In and register for classes as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours). The ISSO will then complete your SEVIS transfer and issue you a Form I-20 indicating "Continued Attendance" at Brandeis University.