Ice Cream Social, Travel Signature Day, and INT92g Internship Course for Undergraduates
Apr. 17, 2013
1 – Announcements: Undergraduate Summer Internship INT92g course
2 – Upcoming ISSO Events: Travel Signature Day and Ice Cream Social
3 – Reminders: Taxes
4- Workshops: This week’s ISSO Employment Workshop
Undergraduate Summer Internship INT92g course
Do you have a summer internship in the U.S.?: Enroll in INT 92g Internship Course + Apply for CPT
You are an international student, so due to visa regulations, you must receive credit for your internship in your major field of study. To enroll, follow these steps:
1. Obtain an internship lasting at least 100 hours over at least 5 weeks.
2. Secure a Letter of Offer from your internship organization, including details of your internship duties, dates and supervision.
3. Submit the online Internship Information Form.
4. Make an appointment to meet with Daniel Langenthal, Director of Experiential Learning and Teaching, between April 16th and June 25th.
5. At that meeting, bring a hardcopy of your online Learning Agreement AND your Letter of Offer. Daniel Langenthal, Director of Experiential Learning and Teaching, will approve your internship for the course and give you an Enrollment Code to register for the INT 92g course. No internships will be
approved after June 25, 2013.
6. Register through the Rabb Summer School and pay $450 ($400 tuition + $50 registration fee) by June 25, 2013.
7. Brandeis international undergraduate students should coordinate with the ISSO to apply for work authorization before beginning the summer
internship. Please visit the ISSO website for details and guidance regarding Curricular Practical Training (F-1 visa holders) or Academic Training (J-1 visa
8. Start the online academic coursework when you begin your internship.
More info on registering for the INT92g can be found on the Hiatt website:
More info on applying for CPT can be found on the ISSO website:
Travel Signature Day
Travel Signature Day, April 25, 10:00am-4:30pm at the ISSO
If you have plans to travel over the summer, don't forget to travel with a valid travel signature on your most current I-20/DS-2019! If you received an email from the ISSO letting you know that you have a new I-20 or DS-2019, make sure you pick it up before you travel and make sure it has a travel signature that will be less than 6 months old by the time you re-enter the U.S. You can get travel signatures on Travel Signature Day; otherwise leave your I-20 or DS-2019 at the ISSO and retrieve it the following business day.
Please plan in advance! For more information, see ISSO Tips for Traveling!
Ice Cream Social
May 2, 2-4pm
Location: ISSO, Kutz 215
Take a break from studying for finals and enjoy delicious ice cream and toppings from Lizzys Ice Cream! Hope to see you there!
Reminder: Income Tax Return Filings
The deadline for posting your 2012 U.S. Tax Returns was Monday, April 15, 2013. If you did not file your taxes, you should still do so, even though the deadline is past. If you did not earn U.S.-sourced income in 2012, you only have one form to file: 8843. You have until June 15, 2013 to do this. If you did earn U.S.-sourced income in 2013, you should file your tax returns as soon as possible. The ISSO still has codes to Windstar Tax Software, or you can find the tax forms online.
This Week's ISSO Employment Workshop April 19, at the ISSO, Kutz Hall 215
CPT (for F-1 visa holders) 3-3:30pm
OPT (for F-1 visa holders) 3:30-4:30pm
Academic Training (for J-1 visa holders) 4:30-5pm