Travel Within the U.S.

We recommend that you carry your valid, unexpired passport with a visa stamp, your I-20 or DS-2019, and your EAD card (if you are on OPT) while you are traveling within the US to prove that you have legal status. If you are traveling within 100 miles of a US border, this is a requirement as you may be stopped by a member of Customs & Border Protection or law enforcement. You do not need a valid travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 while traveling within the US. For travel by air, it is required that you have official photo identification which could include a passport, driver’s license or state ID.