What is a data warehouse?
A data warehouse is a read-only set of information that is combined from multiple systems into one, easy-to-access location. The primary purpose of a data warehouse is to provide verified data that can support strategic decision-making. There are plenty of ways, however, in which a data warehouse can support operational needs as well.
Logging into MicroStrategy
You must have a MicroStrategy license to use the link above. Need one?
Benefits and Features
By linking data from various sources across campus, a data warehouse supports decision-making related to the Strategic Plan. Key benefits include:
- Data usually isolated in separate transactional systems are connected in the data warehouse for better insights
- The data warehouse is optimized for reporting on and analyzing large data sets
- Information is updated every weeknight and completely refreshed each weekend
- Data Stewards from functional areas create reports that are the 'single version of the truth' for that topic
- Reports can be automatically delivered to people in many formats, including PDF, Excel, CSV, email, etc.
- Staff can request access to the data warehouse, which is accessible using a web browser