Using Edit Mode to Build Your LATTE Course
Entering Edit Mode
To add content to your course, you'll first need to turn on the Edit Mode. Click the "Turn editing on" button near the top right of the screen. Click on this link gives you the ability to add resources (readings and course materials, etc.), activities (assignments and forums, etc), and custom blocks.
Edit Mode Icons
When Edit Mode is on, you will see the following icons:
- The edit icon lets you alter/update any resource you see it next to.
- The help icon will pop-up a relevant help window.
- The open-eye icon means that an item is visible to students. If you click on it, it will hide that
item and the eye will close.
- The closed-eye icon means that an item is is hidden from students. If you click on it, it will
make that item visible and the eye will open.
- The right icon is used to indent course elements. There is also a left icon that is used to
move course elements back if they have been indented.
- The down icon is used to move course elements from one section down to the next one.
There is also an up icon that is used to move course elements up one section.
- The move icon allows you to place course elements anywhere on the page.
- The move here icon appears when moving a course element. Click the icon to
move whatever course element you are currently moving to the icon's position.
- The delete icon will permanently delete a link from the course (but it will not delete the file).
- The marker icon lets you make a section current.
- The one icon hides all other sections of the course.
- The all icon redisplays all sections of the course.
- The roles icon allows you to assign roles to the various users of the LATTE course Web page.
- The no groups icon specifies an assignment as not allowing groups.