The Forum Sorting and Filtering Tool
As of May 2008, instructors can now sort and filter forum posts by individual student using the "Sort/Filter Forum Posts" in the LATTE Course Tools block of their course homepage. This tool allows instructors to view a single student's forum posts, and filter by forum, topic, and date range.
Setting Up the Filter
To use the forum sort and filter tool to display a single student's posts:
1. Select the student name from the drop down menu.
2. Choose the single forum you wish to view, or leave as "All forums"
3. Choose a topic from a single forum.
4. To see only forum posts between a certain date range,check the "Date Range" box, then set a beginning and ending date.
5. Click the "Display Posts" button on the right hand side.
Displaying of Forum Posts
If a student has any posts that match the criteria set in the filtering options, the posts will appear below the sort/filtering options:
If there are no posts that meet the defined sorting criteria, LATTE will display the message "Your search found no results."
Clearing Displayed Posts
To look at posts from another student or another forum or topic, click the "Clear Results" button before entering your new sorting criteria.
Shortcuts to Assignments, Gradebook and Forum/Topic
The sort/filter forums interface has several shortcut buttons:
- Go to assignments: This will take you to the list of all course assignments.
- Go to grades: This will take you to the gradebook. The gradebook will only display the student selected on the sort/filter forum posts page.
- Go to forum/topic: This will take you directly to the forum/topic you selected, but show all posts, not just the student you selected.
Returning to the LATTE Course Homepage
To return to the course homepage from the sort/filter forum posts page, click on the course code breadcrumb link at the upper left of the page.