Upcoming Two-Day Facilitator Trainings
September 11 & 12, 2015 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
November 30 & December 1, 2015 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Brandeis University campus, Waltham, MA.
Cost: $195, includes ACT manuals and materials kit. CE credits are an additional $25.
Questions about the training? Call us at 781-736-2200 or email us at email@example.com.
The Facilitator Training Program is designed for professionals who work with children, including educators, psychologists, childcare providers, mental health workers, school counselors, case managers, social workers and healthcare providers. Participants will learn:
- Risk factors for violence and its consequences on children's lives.
- Practical methods of discipline to use with children.
- Protective factors and skills for effective parenting, such as anger management, peaceful conflict resolution, discipline and media violence education.
- How to participate in community-wide prevention efforts with a support network of professionals.
The two-day workshop features interactive discussions, both small and large group work, and topic presentations. Upon completion, participants will:
- Be able to receive up to 12 CE credits for Psychology, LMHC or MFT, LICSW, Early Education or k-12 education.*
- Receive a certificate of attendance for 16 hours of professional development credits.
- Be able to continue to gain certification as a “Certified APA ACT Facilitator.”
*This program counts toward a continuing education credit for psychologists. This program is sponsored by the Massachusetts Psychological Association. Massachusetts Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Massachusetts Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
ACT Facilitator Materials
This conference is entirely in English, but the ACT RSK program materials have been printed in Spanish. We can arrange for American Sign Language interpretation upon request.
Raising Safe Kids Materials
Click to expand for a list of included materials and individual pricing for extras.
The ACT Northeast Regional Center provides ACT Facilitators with materials for running parent groups in their local communities. The ACT Facilitator Kit is included in the Facilitator Training fee for Two-Day Trainings of new ACT Facilitators. This kit ($90) includes:
- The facilitator manual
- An accompanying CD with PowerPoint slides and homework sheets
- A parent handbook
- A child activities guide
- A CD with an ACT PSA used in the parent group
- A parent evaluation guide
- A Teach Carefully booklet about child development from birth to age 8 years
- An Understanding Child Development as a Violence Prevention Tool booklet
- Sample fliers
Other Facilitator Materials
Facilitators can also order the following items through the ACT-NE Regional Training Center:
- Facilitator Manual & CD (with PowerPoint slides & homework sheets) - $70
- Parent Handbook - $20
- Research & Marketing Materials CD (includes the latest ACT research, poster images, logos, parent certificate templates, brochure & flier templates, child release template, and parent attendance card template) - $25
Click to expand for a list of supplemental materials from related campaigns.
"Stories for Children That Grownups Can Watch" Films
The ACT NE Regional Training Center is proud to offer two films from the Illinois Violence Prevention Authority and PS &A Communications that are great supplements within the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program.
"Inside Him" is about how adults can help children talk about what they have seen or heard that might be upsetting to them.
Stop Bullying Now! Campaign
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has provided ACT-NE with materials from their Stop Bullying Now! campaign. These materials are supplemental to the ACT curriculum. Tip sheets in English and Spanish, ready to print posters, and information sheets are available as well, please contact the ACT-NE office for more information.
These materials are available to facilitators--we ask that you provide for the costs of shipping.
|This resource kitprovides students, parents, teachers, administrators, health professionals, and leaders of faith-based organizations with a CD-ROM and facts sheets on the Take a Stand. Lend a Hand. Stop Bullying Now! Campaign. It offers information on characteristics of children who bully, risk factors, community involvement and prevention, and more.|
|This activities guide provides bullying prevention activities for educators, parents, and community partners. It contains ideas for community, school, and after-school programs. The guide also includes tips on contacting and working with the local media.|
|This DVD includes 12 animated webisodes, which depict firsthand bullying experiences in schools; video workshops developed for professionals in education, mental health, health and safety, law enforcement, and youth service fields; and radio and television public service announcements.|
|TFK (Time for Kids) Extra! is a comic series for school age children that addresses the issue of bullying directly with children.|