Listen to Lemberg parents
"The main reason that I like Lemberg is that my son likes Lemberg. He wants to go everyday because he is challenged and he is having fun."
— B.C., Framingham
Listen to Lemberg parents
"Lemberg is a place where children are respected, listened to, cared for and loved. When I drop off my daughter, I often wish I could stay!"
— A.L., Medford
Listen to Lemberg children
"I like Lemberg. I just love all the children there."
— P., age 4
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Lemberg Children's Center!
We welcome all children, including children with special needs and children from diverse linguistic, cultural and economic backgrounds.
We do not discriminate in enrollment on the basis of family of origin, a child’s sex, race, religion, national origin, physical or mental handicap or toilet-training requirements.
1. Download and complete the Lemberg Childcare Application, which is available as a pdf or word document:
2. Send the application to us by email or mail:
Lemberg Children's Center
457 Old South Street
Waltham, Mass. 02453-2728
Applicants are selected on the basis of the number of open spaces available in each classroom with a maximum full-time enrollment of 7 young infants, 16-18 older infants & toddlers, 9 young preschoolers, and 36 preschoolers. When openings exist, the selection of children follows these criteria (in order of importance):
- The age of applicant as s/he corresponds with the number of openings in his/her age group.
- Enrollment priority is given first to siblings and children of alumni of the Lemberg Children's Center, next to Brandeis employees and students, and then to the general public.
- Within these groupings we order applications by the date of receipt of the application form.
- Due to the limited amount of financial assistance available, the Children’s Center cannot guarantee a scholarship and reserves the right to offer a spot at any tuition level on our scale.
The Children’s Center usually has a waitlist for spots in the infant and toddler classrooms. Consequently, we recommend applying as early as possible.
- Acceptances for the School Year Program will be mailed out by mid-April and continue until all available openings are filled.
- Children accepted to the School Year Program may be offered a spot in the preceding Summer Program if there is an opening. However, placements for the summer cannot be offered until after all currently enrolled students have made their summer plans. Consequently, we are unlikely to offer enrollment to the summer program until mid-May.
- Once you receive an email or letter of acceptance you will have two weeks to accept and return a partial deposit of $500. A full deposit equal to one month’s tuition is required two months prior to the child’s starting date.
- A recommended child orientation procedure and necessary forms will be mailed with the enrollment information, along with a school year and/or summer contract