Check out our recipe page for more meal ideas, and how to involve your kids in the kitchen.
Lunch & Snack Ideas
Wondering what to pack for lunch? Check out these peanut-free lunch, snack and dessert suggestions.
- Bagel with vegetable confetti: Spread a bagel with cream cheese, then finely dice sweet raw veggies like peppers and carrots. Sprinkle the veggies over the bagel.
- Cheese slices or cubes
- Chicken, cheese and crackers
- Cinnamon raisin bread with cream cheese
- Cold cuts
- Cooked dumplings
- Cottage cheese
- Dolma: stuffed grape leaves
- Fish sticks and fruit
- Grilled cheese on whole wheat bread
- Hummus, pita and/or veggies
- Mac and cheese
- Meatballs and rice or pilaf
- Pizza: on an English muffin, homemade dough, other bread, leftover, etc.
- Red lentil soup
- Sliced avocado
- Soy nut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Steamed couscous, plain or add feta, beans, veggies, etc.
- Steamed veggies (throw some mixed frozen veggies in small container in the morning, will be thawed by lunch)
- String cheese
- Sushi rolls: crab meat, cucumber, avocado wrapped in rice or a flour tortilla. Cut into pieces and wrap it tightly. Use the same method for salmon or tuna salad.
- Sweet potato balls (microwave sweet potato, mash with butter, brown sugar, milk, then roll into bite-sized balls)
- Tofu cubes (from stir fry, or soft cook and coat with wheat germ, crushed cheerios, or crushes graham crackers)
- Vegetable soup
Snack and Dessert
- Cereal bars
- Dried fruits (Trader Joe's is a good place to go)
- Fig Newtons
- Fresh fruit: apples, pears, nectarines, bananas, grapes, etc. Good coated with wheat germ or crushed cornflakes.
- Rice cakes
- Yogurt (good with berries)