Make a Secure Donation Now
Click the above to donate securely through Just Give.
Other Ways to Give
Mail to:Lemberg Children's Center 457 Old South Street Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Amazon Smile & Good Shop
Shop through GoodShop or Amazon Smile to get money back for Lemberg.
Use this search engine to donate a penny per search to Lemberg.
- So far, our alumni have collectively donated $35,000!
- The wonderful Firefly Scientists' Foundation has given $50,000 and pledged $50,000 more!
- The achievement of $135,000 exceeded our original goal, but to reach the $200,000 needed, we still have a lot to go!
- To help out, see the links above.
Our playground construction will start the summer of 2015 and we are really excited about the adventures ahead. There will be two playgrounds... one near our main entrance designed for infants and toddlers and the other up on our second level for preschoolers. The plan is for an outdoor classroom/natural playspace with rocks to climb and water to divert on its journey downhill. The construction of a climber and playstructure with poured rubber surface is needed for our toddlers and to ensure physical accessibility for all. We need your gift to help make this a reality.
Our alumni have really come through by collectively donating $35,000. The wonderful Firefly Scientists' Foundation has given $50,000 and pledged to give $50,000 more to see us build a community garden and playgrounds accessible for all. The achievement of raising $135,000 exceeded our original goal, but to reach the $200,000 needed we still have a lot to go. Will you help us? $250 buys a brick with your name, $1,000 buys a raised garden bed, or trees, or terraced flower beds, $2,500 a water-play space, $10,000 swings, and $50,000 a playstructure with climber, house and slide. Thank you for donating $10, $25, $50, $100, or any amount.
- Learn more about new center, playground, and fundraising goals (PDF).
- Read more about the new center
Potential Features of the New Playground:
- use of the natural terrain, trees, rocks, and plants
- water running downhill over rocks ending into a sand box with easy drainage
- garden boxes where children can learn to grow food
Some Samples of Natural Playgrounds
Natural Landscapes & Wood Structures, from Montessori Education Magazine
Playground with Woods at Penn State University
Sand Play at Penn State University - Design by Joanne Hiromura & Mike Lindstrom
Bridge & Climbing Rocks at University of New Hampshire