Laptops and iPads
The library offers MacBooks, iPads and Chromebooks to borrow. Open the accordions below for more information about the items and to check availability.
Our iPads have the standard iOS 11 apps, as well as the following apps:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Calculator HD
- Dictionary (Merriam-Webster)
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Play Books
Our MacBook Airs have macOS installed, as well as the following programs:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- EndNote X8
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office Mac 2016 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, Outlook)
- Skype (extension)
How to Borrow
- To borrow laptops and iPads, visit the Information and Borrowing desk on Goldfarb 1 with your Brandeis ID and we will assist you.
- The loan period for laptops and iPads is 24 hours.
- Overdue fines are $4 per hour ($2 per hour each on the device and its charger) beginning at the due time. Overdue fines do not accrue during hours the library is closed.
- Patrons must sign an Equipment Borrowing Agreement before borrowing an iPad, MacBook Air or Chromebook.
- Laptops and iPad chargers are loaned with a bag. If you return these items without a bag a $5 replacement fee will be assessed.
- When you borrow an item, you will receive an email from us at checkout with your due date and time. Please contact us immediately if you do not receive this.
- All equipment must be returned to an employee at the Information and Borrowing desk during desk open hours. Equipment cannot be returned through the book drop.
- Important: Borrowers are responsible for the condition of equipment while in their possession and all accrued overdue fines. For more information about overdue fines, visit our Fines and Fees page.
Renewals and Extensions
- Loaner laptops and iPads checked-out from the Information & Borrowing desk are eligible for 2 renewals (equating to 72 hours) provided we have the same item available.
- Borrowers must come to the desk with the item and its charger to request a renewal.
- If the renewal request cannot be granted, borrowers must return it and wait 1 hour before checking one out again.
- Equipment cannot be renewed using OneSearch, through email or over the phone.