Experiences of MH-B Fellows
In fall 2007, former Mortimer Hays-Brandeis Fellows were asked to describe the impact the MH-B program has had on their lives and careers. Individuals were asked to consider the following questions:
- What is your present career field and employment situation?
- What role, if any, did your Mortimer Hays-Brandeis Traveling Fellowship experience play in your career decisions and outcomes?
- From your perspective today, what was the most positive aspect of your Fellowship experience?
- Knowing what you know today, and if you had it to do over, would you again apply for the Mortimer Hays-Brandeis Traveling Fellowship and why?
- Would the focus of your project remain the same or would you make changes to it?
- Is there any general advice that you would offer to students considering application to the program?
The selected responses that follow from former Fellows offer fascinating glimpses of their personal stories concerning the way in which the Mortimer Hays-Brandeis Traveling Fellowship affected their lives and their views of themselves, of the world and of America.