- Four faculty awarded Mandel Center grantsFeb. 14, 2017
- Reel to realFeb. 13, 2017
Film historian Tom Doherty plays more than a cameo role in the lives of his students.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Rose Art Museum this springFeb. 10, 2017
Spring exhibitions feature Fred Eversley, Tommy Hartung and an up-close look at maintaining the Rose’s permanent collection
- Brandeis Magazine winter issue on campus and onlineJan. 24, 2017
Be sure to pick up the latest edition of Brandeis Magazine for the inside scoop on President Ron Liebowitz's inauguration, as well as additional features and campus news.
- Binge watch Brandeis: Movies and TV with Brandeis ties are only a click awayDec. 13, 2016
You could probably spend all your free time over the holidays watching shows and movies that Brandeisians have had a hand in. If you’d like to give that a try, here are a few productions you could view with just a click of your mouse or remote.
- Photos: Brandeis Theater Department presents 'Martyr'Nov. 17, 2016
The play, directed by Assistant Professor Dmitry Troyanovsky '98, ran from Nov. 17 to 20 at Spingold Theater Center.
- Brandeis production of 'Martyr' examines religious toleranceNov. 14, 2016
The play, directed by Assistant Professor Dmitry Troyanovsky '98, will run from Nov. 17 to 20 at Spingold Theater Center.
- Eric Chasalow focuses on climate change in new piece ‘Elegy and Observation’Nov. 11, 2016
The piece, commissioned by the French vocal ensemble Musicatrieze, made its US premiere at Slosberg Music Center Nov. 12.
- Brandeis celebrates official opening of Lenny Bruce collectionOct. 28, 2016
Brandeis President Ronald Liebowitz, Bruce's daughter, Kitty, and Christie Hefner ‘74 cut the ceremonial ribbon to open the collection.
- Get to know the newest member of the Lydian String QuartetOct. 24, 2016
Andrea Segar is the new first violinist for the quartet, which opens its 2016-17 season with a concert at Slosberg Music Center Oct. 29.
- Photos: Brandeis Theater Department Presents "Big Love"Oct. 19, 2016
The production ran from Oct. 20 to 23 at Laurie Theater in Spingold Theater Center.
- Brandeis faculty and staff show off their artistry and styleOct. 17, 2016
The bi-annual Faculty/Staff Exhibition, which is on display in the Dreitzer Gallery through November 13, features a wide array of eclectic artwork made by members of the Brandeis community that are sometimes behind the scenes.
- Watch: Deborah Lipstadt discusses "Denial" with Errol Morris at BrandeisOct. 14, 2016
Deborah Lipstadt, MA'72, PhD'76, was presented the Brandeis Alumni Achievement Award in a ceremony followed by a screening of the film "Denial," based on her legal battle against Holocaust denier David Irving.
- Three Fine Arts faculty featured in exhibitions beyond campusOct. 4, 2016
Todd Pavlisko, Sean Downey, and Tory Fair each have work on display this fall.
- Musician and composer Sandeep Das comes to Brandeis for concert and residencySept. 27, 2016
MusicUnitesUS brings Das, a Grammy-nominated tabla player, to campus for a residency from Sept. 26 to Oct. 1 that culminates with a concert at Slosberg Music Center.
- Former Rose Art Museum Director Carl Belz remembered as gifted teacher and visionarySept. 9, 2016
Belz, who joined the Brandeis faculty in the 1960s and went on to lead the Rose from 1974 through 1998, died Aug. 28 at his home in Arlington, Massachusetts. He was 78.
- Photos: Rose Art Museum’s fall season features Sarah Sze, David Shrigley and moreSept. 6, 2016
The Rose celebrated its fall opening on Sept. 10. Get a peek at the exhibitions.
- Two fine arts faculty win prestigious 2017 Foster Prize from the Institute of Contemporary Art, BostonAug. 22, 2016
Fine Arts lecturers Sonia Almeida and Lucy Kim will each present a major work, or group of works, on view for the first time from February 15 to July 9, 2017 at the ICA.
- Brandeis Arts faculty take talents beyond campus with summer performances, galleries and concertsAug. 4, 2016
A look at some of the events Brandeis arts faculty are participating in this summer.
- Opportunity knocked for Midyear Andrew Child '19 Aug. 3, 2016
While traditional first-years were getting acclimated to college life last fall, Child was busy founding Artists from Suburbia, a local theater initiative in his hometown of East Bridgewater, Mass.
- Summertime Beach reads: professors recommend their favorites for your holidayJune 30, 2016
Brandeis book-a-palooza continues with faculty recommendations for Independence Day.
- Cuban musician builds ties with Brandeis by playing her violinJune 29, 2016
Cuban violinist Paula Ochoa came to Brandeis for one week to participate in the Bach Unaccompanied Violin workshop at the invitation of music professor Daniel Stepner.
- Professor Adrianne Krstansky stands at the pinnacle of Boston theaterJune 29, 2016
Brandeis' director of theater arts has been showered with awards recently and been called 'one of the great actresses of our time in Boston.'
- Rosebud to feature videos from Rose Art Museum collection this summerJune 16, 2016
The satellite gallery on Main Street in Waltham will showcase three videos by Robin Rhode, Kate Gilmore and Doug Aitken.
- Theater arts faculty and alumni honored with Elliot Norton AwardsMay 27, 2016
Brandeis faculty and theater arts alumni were honored with Elliot Norton Awards during a ceremony in Boston on May 23
- Summer beach reads recommendationsMay 27, 2016
We asked the faculty to suggest the perfect books for light summer reading. Here's what they came up with.
- Jack Whitten: 'My paintings teach me how to live'May 22, 2016
Brandeis announces the acquisition of an artwork by the painter at a talk discussing his career with Rose Art Museum leaders.
- Artist, honorary degree recipient Jack Whitten in conversation SaturdayMay 17, 2016
The abstract artist will speak with Chris Bedford and Katy Siegel of the Rose Art Museum in a public talk May 21.
- Brandeis faculty take center stage at annual festival of National Center for Jewish FilmMay 6, 2016
Boston screenings feature discussions with university faculty.
- Rose Art Museum leader named director of Baltimore Museum of ArtMay 2, 2016
Christopher Bedford, the Henry and Lois Foster Director of the Rose Art Museum, will leave Brandeis on July 31 to become the next director of the Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Brandeis honors three professors with teaching awardsApril 26, 2016
Arts and Sciences presented the Lerman-Neubauer ’69 Prize for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring, the Michael L. Walzer ’56 Award for Teaching, and the Louis Dembitz Brandeis Prize for Excellence in Teaching.
- Dreams take flight at Festival of the ArtsApril 19, 2016
Photographs offer an in-depth snapshot of the lively atmosphere that engulfed Brandeis during the annual Leonard Bernstein Festival of the Arts from April 14-17.
- Brandeis curator selects U.S. artist for Venice BiennaleApril 19, 2016
Mark Bradford, one of the world's leading international artists, will have his work appear in an exhibition at the U.S. Pavilion in Venice from May 13 until Nov. 2017.
- Susan Dibble's dance play inspired by shoes is anything but pedestrianApril 15, 2016
The production created by Dibble was inspired by a suburban shoe store. Performances at Spingold Theater Center run through April 17.
- Watch Kerry Washington and Anita Hill talk HBO's 'Confirmation' at Brandeis April 14, 2016
View the entire discussion from March 6, 2016 between University Professor Anita Hill and actor Kerry Washington
- 'Shout the big dreams' at Leonard Bernstein Festival of the Creative ArtsApril 7, 2016
The festival runs from April 14 to 17 at Brandeis, featuring the Guy Mendilow Ensemble, Knighthorse Theatre Company, and artists Rick Lowe and JJ PEET.
- Theaster Gates honored with Richman FellowshipMarch 24, 2016
The artist and community builder delivered a lecture that was more of a performance, incorporating song, humor and reflection.
- MusicUnitesUs presents: Masters of the Korean traditional music gugakMarch 14, 2016
The group of musicians are visiting campus for a weeklong residency, culminating in performances on March 19 and 20.
- David Rakowski elected to American Academy of Arts and LettersMarch 10, 2016
Election to the academy is considered the highest recognition of artistic merit in the United States. Rakowski, a professor of composition, is among 12 inductees this year.
- Kerry Washington and Anita Hill talk 'Confirmation' at BrandeisMarch 6, 2016
The "Scandal" star visited campus March 6 to talk about her upcoming HBO film "Confirmation," in which she portrays Anita Hill.
- Photos: Brandeis Theater's production of 'Intimate Apparel'March 3, 2016
Boston-based thespian Jacqui Parker directed the award-winning Lynn Notage play.
- A small treasure of Georgia O'Keeffe items in Brandeis archivesMarch 1, 2016
Professor Nancy Scott reviewed some of the items while researching her new book on the iconic painter.
- “Spotlight” producer Michael Sugar ’95 wins Oscar at 88th Academy AwardsFeb. 29, 2016
Brandeis alumnus Michael Sugar '95 won an Oscar for his role as a producer in the film "Spotlight," which follows the true story of the Boston Globe's coverage of the Catholic Church sex abuse scandal.
- Visit Story Archive »