- Not a pretty picture: the climate-change threat faced by a small island nationMarch 23, 2017
The Tuvalu ambassador is at Brandeis to speak about climate change, which will all but eradicate his tiny island nation in the heart of the Pacific Ocean.
- Rev. Jeffrey Brown, a transformative clergyman, awarded Richman FellowshipMarch 23, 2017
Brandeis University honored Rev. Jeffrey Brown with the Richman Fellowship for his work and advocacy on behalf of youth in Boston and worldwide.
- Beers ’17 uncovered a passion for health policy at BrandeisMarch 20, 2017
Mitchell Beers '17 felt right at home at Brandeis from the moment he first set foot on campus. Now a senior, Beers is looking to turn his academic pursuit of health policy into a lifelong career.
- Brandeis’ 10th Relay for Life raises more than $40k to fight cancerMarch 20, 2017
Brandeis students, faculty, staff and alumni came together at Relay for Life inside the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center to raise cancer awareness.
- University mourns passing of longtime trusteeMarch 18, 2017
Longtime Trustee Gershon Kekst, P’05, chaired the transformative Campaign for Brandeis that raised nearly $1 billion for the University.
- General Counsel Steven S. Locke earns recognition from Massachusetts Lawyers WeeklyMarch 8, 2017
- Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism's tireless work frees wrongfully convicted manMarch 7, 2017
The staff at the Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism worked for years to free George Perrot of a wrongful rape conviction.
- The Brandeis top five: Student spots in WalthamMarch 7, 2017
Brandeis students shared their top places to visit in Waltham for having fun, eating and spending time with friends.
- Harleen Singh awarded Burkhardt FellowshipMarch 3, 2017
- Irie Gourde '17 is more than up to speedFeb. 27, 2017
Senior runner Irie Gourde '17 only walked on the Judges track and field team a few months ago, but is already delivering impressive results.
- Brandeis University remembers Mildred Dresselhaus, H'16Feb. 24, 2017
Dresselhaus H'16, a world renowned physicist and scholar, received an honorary Doctor of Science degree from Brandeis during the 65th Commencement Exercises in 2016.
- Redesigned Brandeis homepage goes liveFeb. 13, 2017
Brandeis launched a redesigned homepage and related top-level pages for its website, the first phase of a larger website redesign project.
- The Brandeis Scientific MethodFeb. 13, 2017
- A conversation with Anita HillFeb. 3, 2017
Supreme Court nominee Neil M. Gorsuch’s philosophy of constitutional originalism makes him likely to view protection of rights narrowly, Hill says.
- A Q&A with Brandeis’ first Chief Diversity Officer Mark Brimhall-VargasFeb. 1, 2017
Brandeis’ first chief diversity officer sat down with BrandeisNOW for a conversation about diversity, equity and inclusion on campus.
- Memorializing the passengers of the MS St. Louis — with a Twitter feedJan. 31, 2017
Rabbi Charlie Schwartz, interim Jewish chaplain and director of BIMA and Genesis, took to social media to remember Holocaust victims turned away at the U.S. border. The account he co-created received international attention and led to deeper conversations.
- Sustainability fund opens door to more green innovation at BrandeisJan. 30, 2017
The Brandeis Sustainability Fund has enabled countless undergraduates to combine their creativity with their vision for a cleaner and more sustainable world.
- Brandeis ranks high in survey of economic diversity in student bodyJan. 26, 2017
The university ranks ninth among elite colleges for enrolling the highest percentage of low- and middle-income students, according to a study published by The New York Times.
- Brandeis Magazine winter issue on campus and onlineJan. 24, 2017
Be sure to pick up the latest edition of Brandeis Magazine for the inside scoop on President Ron Liebowitz's inauguration, as well as additional features and campus news.
- Midyear and transfer students arrive on campus to start their Brandeis journeysJan. 18, 2017
Brandeis was bustling as midyear and transfer students arrived on campus for move-in day and orientation.
- Brandeis unveils new dining options and changes for Spring 2017Jan. 18, 2017
- Brandeis' chief fundraiser to step down on June 30Jan. 18, 2017
Nancy Winship, P’10, P’13, who established lasting relationships with donors, energized alumni and implemented sophisticated giving programs as the University’s chief fundraiser for more than two decades, will step down as Brandeis’ senior vice president of institutional advancement, effective June 30.
- Advice for the incoming midyear classJan. 9, 2017
Sydney Derfel Sahasrabudhe ’17 offers up some of her recommendations for acclimating to campus life to incoming midyear students.
- Year in review: Brandeis' 2016 in photosJan. 7, 2017
A new university president, a visit from a Supreme Court justice and a Commencement ceremony featuring an alumna as the keynote speaker were just a few of the highlights from 2016 at Brandeis.
- University of Basel confers upon Brandeis IBS professor an Honorary DegreeJan. 4, 2017
Brandeis International Business School Professor Stephen Cecchetti was among eight honorary degree recipients at the University of Basel's 556th Dies Academics in Switzerland.
- New Brandeis research reveals historic U.S.-Israeli tiesDec. 13, 2016
President Ron Liebowitz presented research from Brandeis Professor Jonathan Sarna to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu this week.
- Whitfield reflects on living through and teaching American historyDec. 13, 2016
Brandeis professor Stephen Whitfield, PhD'72, embraced American Studies as the United States experienced wide-ranging social and cultural revolution.
- Masters Swimming: For Swimmers of all AbilitiesDec. 13, 2016
- Brandeis reaches campus sustainability milestone as initiatives continueNov. 28, 2016
A campus-wide effort to increase sustainability practices and conserve resources has resulted in Brandeis lowering its carbon footprint.
- Brandeis community opens home and heart this ThanksgivingNov. 21, 2016
Faculty and staff members as well as alumni will host Brandeis community members from around the world at their homes this Thanksgiving.
- Waltham Group surpasses goal, collects more than 3,000 canned goods on HalloweenNov. 17, 2016
- Brandeis community member needs our helpNov. 15, 2016
- Brandeis launches new carpooling program for faculty, staff and studentsNov. 15, 2016
- Inaugural address of President Ronald D. LiebowitzNov. 6, 2016
- Video: Larry Kanarek '76, chair the Board of Trustees, speaks at 9th Brandeis Presidential InaugurationNov. 6, 2016
- Ronald D. Liebowitz inaugurated as Brandeis University’s ninth presidentNov. 3, 2016
Liebowitz emphasized Brandeis’ Jewish roots and openness to all, its commitment to academic excellence in the liberal arts and world class knowledge-creation from its outstanding faculty.
- View scenes from Ronald Liebowitz's inaugurationNov. 3, 2016
Brandeis' ninth presidential inauguration featured an orchestral and choral performance, inspiring addresses and an energetic crowd of students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Ronald D. Liebowitz inaugurated as Brandeis University’s ninth presidentNov. 3, 2016
In a celebratory ceremony bringing together students, faculty, alumni, staff, trustees, representatives of other universities and public officials, Ronald D. Liebowitz was inaugurated as the ninth president of Brandeis University.
- Watch: Sights and sounds of inauguration day at BrandeisNov. 3, 2016
The entire Brandeis community came together to celebrate the inauguration of the university's ninth President, Ronald Liebowitz.
- Sam Vaghar ’08 turns social justice into social actionNov. 3, 2016
This alumnus is looking to find solutions to complex global issues by enlisting the help of America's intrepid and social justice-minded college students
- Video: Christine Ortiz speaks at Brandeis University's 9th Presidential InaugurationNov. 3, 2016
- Video: Stephen Donadio '63 speaks at Brandeis University's 9th Presidential InaugurationNov. 3, 2016
- Video: Provost Lisa Lynch's speech at Brandeis University's 9th Presidential InaugurationNov. 3, 2016
- Brandeis names Mark Brimhall-Vargas Chief Diversity Officer and VPNov. 2, 2016
The newly-created position will elevate and accelerate the University's vision for inclusive excellence.
- Cameron Braz ’17 found a family at BrandeisOct. 31, 2016
Judges swimmer Cameron Braz '17 transferred to Brandeis after his first year in college and found success both in and out of the pool.
- Brandeis celebrates official opening of Lenny Bruce collectionOct. 28, 2016
Brandeis President Ronald Liebowitz, Bruce's daughter, Kitty, and Christie Hefner ‘74 cut the ceremonial ribbon to open the collection.
- Kitty Bruce: How to share your father’s work and influence scholarsOct. 25, 2016
Brandeis is about to open a collection of late comedian Lenny Bruce's personal papers, photographs and materials. His daughter Kitty spoke to BrandeisNOW about her father's legacy.
- Waltham Group to trick-or-treat for canned goods on Halloween nightOct. 25, 2016
Students will go trick-or-treating for nonperishable food items in Waltham on Halloween, and members of the Brandeis community are asked to donate on campus as well.
- Brandeis faculty and staff show off their artistry and styleOct. 17, 2016
The bi-annual Faculty/Staff Exhibition, which is on display in the Dreitzer Gallery through November 13, features a wide array of eclectic artwork made by members of the Brandeis community that are sometimes behind the scenes.
- Watch: Deborah Lipstadt discusses "Denial" with Errol Morris at BrandeisOct. 14, 2016
Deborah Lipstadt, MA'72, PhD'76, was presented the Brandeis Alumni Achievement Award in a ceremony followed by a screening of the film "Denial," based on her legal battle against Holocaust denier David Irving.
- Brandeis community comes together to "Break the Fast"Oct. 13, 2016
The Brandeis community marked the end of Yom Kippur — the Day of Atonement — by coming together on the Great Lawn to socialize and enjoy a feast.
- How to give wisely for disaster relief after Hurricane Matthew: Five lessons and five questionsOct. 13, 2016
- Hundreds of alumni return to campus for Homecoming 2016Oct. 10, 2016
Members of the Brandeis family of all ages flocked back to campus to connect with their friends, mentors and old stomping grounds.
- Alumni gather to celebrate Waltham Group's 50th anniversaryOct. 10, 2016
President Ron Liebowitz, Waltham Mayor Jeannette McCarthy and the founders of Waltham Group spoke at a gala event during Homecoming 2016.
- Brandeis recognizes Indigenous Peoples' DayOct. 7, 2016
- How will climate change impact New England’s food security?Oct. 6, 2016
Brandeis professor Brian Donahue believes that finding sustainable ways to produce more local food needs to be a priority for New England
- Richman Fellowship awarded to the Rev. Jeffrey L. BrownOct. 6, 2016
The Rev. Jeffrey L. Brown, a prominent Boston community leader and pastor, has been named the 2016-17 Brandeis University Richman Distinguished Fellow in Public Life.
- Will a small number of Jewish voters tip this presidential election?Sept. 30, 2016
Researchers at the Steinhardt Social Research Institute have examined the role the Jewish vote might play in swing states on Election Day.
- Rape Crisis Center launches resource guide for studentsSept. 29, 2016
- Remembering Shimon Peres’ legacy for Israel and the worldSept. 28, 2016
Former Israel Prime Minister Shimon Peres H'97, who visited Brandeis University twice during his political career, died on September 3.
- WOW fellow helps refugees find a new beginningSept. 21, 2016
Emilie Kahn-Boesel ’18 interned this summer at the International Institute of New England, where she helped refugees from around the world start new lives in the United States.
- Alumnus, foundation make gifts in support of vibrant Hillel at BrandeisSept. 20, 2016
Challenge grants will assist Brandeis Hillel in its mission to support Jewish life on campus.
- Wellington Prize winner aims for the starsSept. 19, 2016
Shantanu Jadhav, assistant professor of psychology and neuroscience, has taken his stargazing hobby to a new level thanks to this year's Wellington Prize.
- New faculty arrive on Brandeis campusSept. 16, 2016
A total of 19 new faculty members and visiting professors have been welcomed to the Brandeis campus this fall.
- Lopez seeks to strengthen cultural ties as ICC directorSept. 13, 2016
The Intercultural Center, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary during the current academic year, is welcoming a new permanent director.
- It’s a wrap: bubble soccer at BrandeisSept. 12, 2016
A number of Brandeis students converged at Gordon Field and had a go at tackling the world's most popular sport in a fun and inventive new way.
- Marusic wins Sanders PrizeAug. 31, 2016
- Who knew this Brandeis scientist was a champion basketball player? Aug. 31, 2016
Biochemist Dorothee Kern plays a mean game of hoops. Watch her jump, shoot and assist against a bunch of guys half her age.
- Lurie Institute for Disability Policy spotlights healthcare inequities for women with intellectual disabilitiesAug. 30, 2016
Research by Heller School faculty and students shows that a large percentage of women with disabilities are not getting the cancer screenings they need.
- Brandeis University names two alumni to Board of TrusteesAug. 30, 2016
The Brandeis Board of Trustees has elected Georg B. Muzicant ’02, IBS MA ’03, and Mindy L. Schneider ’75 to the university’s governing body.
- The 2016 DEIS scholars join the Brandeis campus Aug. 29, 2016
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) launched the Diversity, Excellence and Inclusion Scholarship (DEIS), an award that enables five students from non-traditional backgrounds to pursue a master’s degree at Brandeis.
- Brandeis extends warm welcome to Class of 2020Aug. 23, 2016
Brandeis welcome 845 first-years and 56 transfers to campus for Move-in Day and the start of New Undergraduate Student Orientation
- Brandeis welcomes Class of 2020 for new undergraduate student orientationAug. 19, 2016
First-years from around the country and world will flock to Brandeis for the start of their collegiate journeys
- Brandeis University Names Stewart Uretsky Executive Vice President for Finance and AdministrationAug. 12, 2016
Brandeis University has named Stewart Uretsky, a financial executive with deep experience at academic institutions, as executive vice president for finance and administration. In this key role, Uretsky will provide leadership for Brandeis’ financial, administrative and operational functions.
- Barbecue for 700: just one bag of trashAug. 11, 2016
- American Philosophical Association awards prestigious book prize Brandeis professor Berislav Marusic Aug. 11, 2016
- Students cook up a mobile app to help you connect to your inner chefAug. 8, 2016
Justice Brandeis Semester students created "Chef's Assistant" a mobile application that offers a database of 330,000 recipes with voice-activated instructions on how to cook them.
- Kriegsman ’11 takes flight, in the cockpit and beyondAug. 2, 2016
The Brandeis alumnus helped start the aviation club at his alma mater and is new looking to take his love to fly to new heights – literally.
- Judges soccer players Hernandez and Ocel star for FC BostonJuly 19, 2016
Two Brandeis soccer team members are sharpening their skills this summer by playing in the Professional Development League alongside former Major League Soccer stars.
- Students work with scientists to study air quality in black hair salonsJuly 15, 2016
Brandeis undergraduates presented their findings on the air quality in black hair salons at the International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology in Houston.
- Standing United Against ViolenceJuly 8, 2016
Over the past few weeks, we have all been shaken by acts of extreme violence around the world and, over the past few days, by events in Louisiana, Minnesota and Dallas.
- Remembering Elie Wiesel, commencement speaker 1980July 2, 2016
Wiesel, a Holocaust survivor and a Nobel Laureate, was honored by Brandeis with a Doctor of Humane Letters in 1980.
- A conversation with Brandeis President Ron LiebowitzJuly 1, 2016
Liebowitz spoke to BrandeisNow about what brought him to the university, his impressions of Brandeis and its community, his own research, and baseball.
- Video: Introducing Brandeis University President Ron LiebowitzJuly 1, 2016
Ronald D. Liebowitz reflects on becoming the ninth president of Brandeis University.
- Ronald D. Liebowitz takes office as ninth Brandeis presidentJuly 1, 2016
Liebowitz, a recognized leader in higher education, began his term as the ninth president of Brandeis University July 1.
- Brandeis students tap their programming prowess to build apps in two monthsJune 30, 2016
Director of Experiential Learning and Teaching Daniel Langenthal is helping 24 students work together to make their ideas for mobile apps come to life
- Cuban musician builds ties with Brandeis by playing her violinJune 29, 2016
Cuban violinist Paula Ochoa came to Brandeis for one week to participate in the Bach Unaccompanied Violin workshop at the invitation of music professor Daniel Stepner.
- Rep. Katherine Clark meets with local leaders at Brandeis June 27, 2016
The congresswoman met with municipal leaders on June 27 in the Faculty Club to discuss issues affecting Massachusetts communities.
- International Business School's MA program ranked in the top 10 nationally for sixth yearJune 20, 2016
- Standing united with Orlando, FloridaJune 13, 2016
In the face of the senseless and horrific tragedy in Orlando, Florida, we grieve for the victims and their loved ones.
- In memoriam, Michael FeigeJune 10, 2016
The Brandeis community extends its sympathies to the family and colleagues of Professor Michael Feige, a former visiting professor in the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies
- Nine alumni admitted to Supreme Court barJune 7, 2016
Nine Brandeis University alumni were admitted to the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court in a formal group ceremony.
- Celebrating Louis’ ascension to the court – 100 years laterJune 1, 2016
Brandeis University is celebrating its namesake's confirmation to the Supreme Court as well as his long-lasting legacy to society and law.
- Brandeis professors go to the head of the class with new learning methodsMay 31, 2016
Professors and graduate students came together with educational non-profit leaders during the Celebration for Teaching and Learning at Brandeis to discuss and refine their teaching methods.
- World of Work program funds career explorationMay 31, 2016
The World of Work (WOW) program offers highly competitive fellowships that pay stipends to Brandeis students who pursue valuable but unpaid summer internships.
- Dempsey '93 named Director of AthleticsMay 24, 2016
- Naveed Noormal, Heller MA'16, speaks at Brandeis CommencementMay 24, 2016
- Interim President Lisa Lynch's remarks at Brandeis CommencementMay 23, 2016
- Joel Burt Miller '16 speaks at Brandeis CommencementMay 23, 2016
- Video: Brandeis Commencement 2016May 23, 2016
The sights and sounds of Brandeis University's 65th Commencement Exercises.
- #BrandeisGrad: In their own wordsMay 22, 2016
Witty decorated caps, graduation selfies and lots of smiling faces filled social media during commencement
- Agnieszka Holland tells graduates about the beauty of blending history and filmMay 22, 2016
During a question-and-answer session at the Department of History's diploma ceremony, the distinguished filmmaker spoke about film's role in preserving history.
- Stories of justice prevail at Heller School's commencement 2016May 22, 2016
A number of rich, compelling narratives offered an inspirational backdrop to the Heller School for Social Policy and Management's commencement on Sunday, May 22.
- Rabb School awards diplomas to nearly 100 GPS students May 22, 2016
Many graduates arrived from out-of-state and visited the Brandeis campus for the first time to receive their diplomas.
- Commencement speaker Julieanna Richardson '76: 'You may end up being the best generation yet'May 22, 2016
Brandeis University celebrated its 65th Commencement May 22.
- Seniors look back at their favorite aspects of BrandeisMay 17, 2016
BrandeisNOW caught up with 10 graduating seniors to get the low-down on what they'll miss most after they graduate.
- Fashionista Fallon Rosen ’16 lands Ralph Lauren gigMay 16, 2016
After combining her love of fashion with her sociology studies, this Brandeis senior is set to start her career working for one of the world's top brands
- Liset Hernandez '16 gives her sister a voiceMay 9, 2016
Venice, California native Liset Hernandez '16 is driven to make a difference in the lives of people with special needs by influencing disability policy.
- Brandeis Inside-Out: Madeline Engeler '16April 29, 2016
The biology and Health: Science, Society and Policy double-major has spent her time at Brandeis researching head and brain trauma.
- Louis Brandeis statue enlivens campusApril 28, 2016
Robert Berks' sculpture of Louis D. Brandeis is a campus landmark that serves to remind the university community about its namesake's commitment to law and social justice.
- Brandeis Inside Out: Urann Chan ’16April 27, 2016
Hands-on laboratory experience and faculty mentoring has nurtured Urann Chan's love of science.
- Brandeis honors three professors with teaching awardsApril 26, 2016
Arts and Sciences presented the Lerman-Neubauer ’69 Prize for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring, the Michael L. Walzer ’56 Award for Teaching, and the Louis Dembitz Brandeis Prize for Excellence in Teaching.
- Brandeis Inside Out: Andrew Baker '18April 22, 2016
The Judges sophomore swimmer has been an inspiration to others in and out of the pool and is looking forward to someday working in global disability rights.
- Dreams take flight at Festival of the ArtsApril 19, 2016
Photographs offer an in-depth snapshot of the lively atmosphere that engulfed Brandeis during the annual Leonard Bernstein Festival of the Arts from April 14-17.
- Brandeis Inside Out: Felix Liu Ku ’15, MA’16April 15, 2016
Felix Liu Ku fell in love with Brandeis for its eclectic and friendly campus, as well as for the endless opportunities available to students in the fields of business and economics.
- Brandeis offers heavenly produce through Rooftop Farm CSAApril 13, 2016
The Brandeis farmers club is offering the campus community the opportunity to sign up for a weekly CSA
- Yehudah Mirsky’s book wins Choice Award, $25,000 prizeApril 13, 2016
- Student researchers search for the truth to set the wrongfully convicted freeApril 11, 2016
Brandeis students have worked together over the years at the Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism to help exonerate two wrongfully convicted men
- Brandeis names American Jewish historian Jonathan Sarna '75, MA'75, University ProfessorApril 8, 2016
Sarna, a leading expert in the field of American Jewish history and the author or co-author of more than 30 books, is set to receive one of Brandeis' highest honors.
- The right team to overturn wrongful convictionsApril 8, 2016
The Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism enlists the help of Brandeis students and a team of dedicated staff with expertise in a variety of subject areas to shine a light on injustices.
- Brandeis students Take Back the NightApril 5, 2016
- Brandeis chapter of Phi Beta Kappa elects 87 new membersApril 5, 2016
A select group of Brandeis students in both the Class of 2016 and the Class of 2017 have been named to one of the most prestigious undergraduate honors organizations in the country.
- Student Support Services program celebrates 25th anniversaryApril 1, 2016
- Larry Kanarek '76 elected chair of Brandeis University Board of TrusteesMarch 31, 2016
Kanarek, who has been a board member since 2010, will take the helm in May, when current board chair Perry M. Traquina concludes a three-year term.
- Oral historian Julieanna L. Richardson '76 to give Brandeis University Commencement addressMarch 31, 2016
Brandeis to award five honorary degrees in the arts, humanities and sciences.
- Food Tank offers food for thoughtMarch 29, 2016
Students, faculty and staff come together for month-long think tank on making food production and consumption more sustainable.
- Visit Story Archive »