Packing to fill all that you need into a limited space is daunting. The good news is that some of what you need is already waiting for you in your room. The university provides a bed frame and mattress (twin XL), desk and chair, closet storage space, wireless internet, overhead lighting, television cable jack, and mixed paper and plastic recycling receptacles.
- Alarm clock
- Bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths
- Clothes (and remember to pack for New England… You never know what the weather will be!)
- Clothes hangers
- Comforter/blanket, extra-long twin sheets (standard twin size will not fit). You can also buy bedding from the Student Services Bureau for easy pick-up!
- Desk lamp with compact fluorescent light bulb
- Dry-erase/bulletin board
- Flip-flops (for the shower)
- Computer security to lock your computer in your room
- Laundry bag/basket, detergent, dryer sheets
- Pillows/pillowcases ☐
- Quarters for laundry ($1.00 each wash/$1.00 each dry); WhoCash can also be used in place of quarters
- School supplies (backpack, pens, notebooks, binders)
- Small trash can
- UL-approved power strips (surge protectors)
- Laptop, desktop or tablet (Brandeis offers a discount!)
- Bicycle and bike lock
- Iron and small ironing board
- Small toolkit
What Not to Bring
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Coffee makers
- Extension cords
- Firearms or weapons
- Halogen lamps
- Hot plates, toasters or other appliances with open coils
- Nails or tacks for decorations
- Space heaters
You cannot have a car on campus until you are a junior, but one of Brandeis' greatest assets is that you do not need a car to have fun!
Take the free Waltham van and shuttle service to the grocery store, pharmacy, movie theater and local restaurants. With our own commuter rail stop and the free shuttle bus to Boston on the weekends, it is very easy to get around.