Courses at Genesis are unlike any high school classroom learning experience. The courses examine areas of knowledge that begin with an academic discipline as seen through a uniquely Jewish lens. Our faculty lead you through complex, compelling topics that encourage critical thinking and challenge assumptions. Jewish texts, traditions and perspectives infuse your study of subjects ranging from gender to technology to world religions and cultures. This year Genesis will offer:
- *New for 2019* Being the Change: Public Policy, Justice and Advocacy, more information coming soon!
- *New for 2019* Environmental Science Field Immersive, enter the world of scientific discovery, experimentation, and exploration in an era of climate change.
- Culinary Arts and Anthropology, experience delicious food through the lens of culture, history, and identity while getting hands-on skills in the kitchen.
- Gender and Sexuality, delve into the complex relationship between gender, sexuality, identity and the world we live in.
- Entrepreneurship and Social Change, explore social entrepreneurship and the role businesses can play in fixing the world.
- Technology Innovation Studio, use innovative technology to create real world items and investigate the impact of digital technology on society.
- World Religions and Cultures, consider binaries in various world religions: individuals and community, human and divine, sacred and profane.
The courses are structured to provide in-depth learning enriched by hands-on experiences and excursions to relevant institutions in Greater Boston, as well as interactive presentations from experts in the field. You will have opportunities to contribute to the course and your questions and interests will help shape the direction of the course and the hands-on projects.
Explore the course links above to discover more about the intellectual heart of Genesis.