Teacher's Summer Institute
Join us for the 2013 Teachers’ Summer Institute and spend a week at Brandeis University, working on your own project while sharing ideas and inspiration with a small group of supportive colleagues and faculty. The institute will be led by Shira Horowitz, long-time Delet mentor and Kehillah Schechter Academy faculty member.
The Institute is designed for teachers at all career stages. You’ll enjoy the collaboration and thoughtful feedback of colleagues while you work individually and in groups in comfortable, air-conditioned facilities.
The institute is available at no cost to Delet alumni. All non Delet alumni from our partner schools are welcome to attend for a $150 fee. Participants are eligible for 25 PDPs toward recertification.
To enroll, submit the application form below by May 1. For more information, contact Shira Horowitz at email@example.com.
Past areas of study for participants were:
- Developing a math curriculum for gan aleph ( pre-K)
- Developing an social studies unit on journeys through time: exploring the printing press and related artifacts
- Integrating valued and teaching of Tzedakah into a social studies curriculum
- Teaching the value and practice of Tzedakah
- Developing a vibrant Tefilah curriculum- utilizing "Tefilah Mentors" and picture books to inspire connection to prayer
- Developing a school wide Jewish history curriculum
- Developing a first grade reading program utilizing centers and reading groups
- Rosh Hodesh program incorporating teaching of Jewish Middot (values)