Delet Master of Arts in Teaching
We are currently accepting applicants for the 2015-2016 cohort starting in June 2015.
To apply to all Delet tracks:
1. Complete your online application. Applications to the Delet program are processed through the Brandeis Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS). Please review all requirements for the general MAT and Delet specifically (see below). When ready to apply, follow the application guidelines given and apply online using the GSAS application. Essay, resume, two letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and undergraduate transcripts are required.
PLEASE NOTE: In place of a personal statement, you should respond to the essay question below.
2. In one document of 3-5 pages, please address the following two prompts and upload it in place of your personal statement in the sage system. If applying to the Hebrew track, please respond to one prompt in Hebrew and one in English.
- Explain one or two of your core reasons for wanting to be a Jewish day school teacher.
- Describe a teacher who had a profound impact on you.
3. You may be contacted for an interview.
4. Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) passage is a requirement for the teaching license in Massachusetts and is, therefore, a graduation requirement for all MAT students (except those intending to teach secondary Tanakh /Bible and Hebrew, specialties for which Massachusetts does not issue a license). We strongly recommend that you plan on taking the “Communication and Literacy Skills” MTEL before you begin the program. The MTEL is not an admissions requirement, but will definitely complement your application and ease your load if you matriculate. More information on scheduling the MTEL>> and other MTEL FAQ>>
5. There are additional application requirements for international students. More information>>
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com, or call 781-736-2081.