"Teaching Future Teachers" by Dr. Marya Levenson in the Loomis Chaffee Magazine
"The ABC's of SPLERT" by Prof. James Morris
Master of Arts in Teaching
APPLICATIONS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2017-18
Applications are still being accepted to the Master of Arts in Teaching program for 2017-18. The application will remain open until March 31, 2017 for Elementary Concentration and Secondary biology, chemistry, physics, math, English and history concentration. Interested candidates may submit an application through the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Generous scholarships are available and the application fee is waived!
The MAT admissions team is here to guide you through the admissions process. We offer a variety of ways which will enable you to learn about our program.
- One-on-One Appointments
- Open House
- Campus Tours
- Meet Us on the Road
- Request Information
- Driving Directions to Brandeis
|If you are interested in teaching, connect with us online, over the phone or on campus. Receive advice from our program adivors about timelines, admission requirements, internships, schedules, and scholarship opportunities. To schedule an appointment, call 781-736-2022 or email email@example.com.|
|The Open House is an excellent opportunity to learn about the MAT. Meet faculty members, administrators and current students and ask about our programs, admissions, student life, career planning, and financial aid. We regularly hold an open house during the months of October, November and February. If you missed the open house on February 8 and would like to speak with a program advisor, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prospective students are welcome to take a tour offered through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. You may sign up for a tour by completing the online reservation form. A virtual tour of the campus is available online or by downloading a mobile application.|
Meet us on the Road
Please fill out our information request form.
|As you drive onto campus from South Street,
1. stop at the small brick “gate house” to get a parking pass;
2. continue toward Upper Campus on the Loop Road, past the Castle on your left ;
3. as you approach the Heller School on your left, you will see ASAC just ahead ;
4. turn right into Tower parking lot just across the road from the Heller School;
5. enter the building under the “Abraham Shapiro…” awning ;
Have questions? Email MAT@brandeis.edu and one of us will respond.
- Danielle Igra, PhD - Director of Teacher Education/Secondary Concentration Faculty Leader
- Rachel Kramer Theodorou, MEd - Elementary Concentration Faculty Leader
- Marjorie Margolis - General admissions, internships
- Margery Sokoloff, PhD - Admission to the Delet program
- Manuel Tuan - Applications: requirements, deadlines, cost, scholarships, waivers, appointments, follow ups