March 12, 2013
You Are Invited! SCA @ Brandeis
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 from Noon - 1:00pm in the International Lounge, Usdan Student Center
Space limited. RSVP here.
Questions? Contact Caroline O'Shea in the Hiatt Career Center.
Are you interested in working with the National Park Service? Interested in conservation? Looking for a chance to explore the outdoors where you live, make new friends, give back to your community? Have you considered theSCA?
Are you interested in sustainability issues? Interested in helping Brandeis go green-er? Did you know that the SCA has teamed up with ARAMARK to offer a a hands-on sustainability internship at Brandeis during the summer and into the fall semester?
Join the Hiatt Career Center and the Environmental Studies Program for a Brown Bag Lunch Session with Beth McCarthy, the SCA Northeast Recruiter. Ms. McCarthy will be at Brandeis to discuss summer internships with the SCA as well as conservation corps AND to discuss the new and paid ARAMARK Sustainability Internship at Brandeis. Attend this Brown Bag Lunch Session with to learn more about these terrific programs. After the brown bag session there will be an opportunity to meet one-on-one with the recruiter to have your resume reviewed or talk through either the SCA generally or the ARAMARK internship in particular.
SCA/AMRAMARK Sustainability Internship at Brandeis Position Description
ARAMARK-a leader in food services, facilitates management, and uniform and career apparel - and the Student Conservation Association have teamed up to offer a Sustainability Internship at Brandeis University, managed by ARAMARK. The Sustainability Intern will focus on dining operations, which may include sustainable product sourcing, waste management, energy & water conservation initiatives and more. The Sustainability Intern will serve as a key resource in supporting and advancing ARAMARK's commitment to sustainability at Brandeis University in Waltham, MA. This is a part-time internship (20 hrs/week). The position is paid $10/hour.). This position is not eligible for an AmeriCorps Education Award. To learn more about ARAMARK’s Corporate Responsibility visitwww.enrichingliveseveryday.com
- Currently enrolled college juniors, seniors or graduate students, or people with +/- 5 years professional experience.
- Academic degree, experience or interest specific to or related to environmental issues, sustainability, business, nutrition, culinary or hospitality is strongly preferred. (Other degrees will be accepted based on extracurricular activities and interests).
- Studies, knowledge or career interests in hospitality and tourism, facilities services, food service or nutrition strongly encouraged.
- Self-starter who is able to independently develop and manage projects.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Understanding of the importance of meeting unique client and consumer needs.
- Capacity and know-how to navigate the challenges of implementing sustainability initiatives.
- Interest working in the business world, and infusing sustainability into operational roles.
- Previous experience and future interest in working at ARAMARK is a plus.
How to Apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter SCA resume collection online via B.hired. Follow this direct link to apply.
- All selected interns are required to attend an expenses-paid training and orientation program the week of May 20th, 2013 in Philadelphia, PA. Interns must also arrange for their own housing during internship. The position is paid $10/hour.