HSSP Juniors Tove Freeman and Shaoleen Khaled are two of this year's newly chosen Sorensen Fellows. Read more in the International Center for Ethics, Justice, and Public Life's website.
Three of the four of this year’s Ruderman Scholar awards went to HSSP BS student Jennifer Bromberg, and HSSP BA students Elizabeth Chalfin and Jennifer Lee. Read more in Brandeis NOW.
HSSP UDRs 15/16
We are very fortunate to have four fabulous Undergraduate Departmental Representatives this year:
Emily Greenwald, BS
Danielle Nurick, BA
Shikha Chandarana, BS
Apoorva Polavarapu, BS
Share your thoughts and ideas about past, present, or possible events with your UDRs and help create an even better HSSP!
You have news to share? Contact Kathryn.
Fall 2015 Events
6 pm - 7:30 pm in Heller G4 (Glynn Ampitheatre)
From Classroom to Career:
Exploring Internship Opportunities and
Career Paths as an HSSP Major
“What can I do with my HSSP degree?”
“What do I have to do to get an internship?”
“What do I have to do to get a job?”
IF ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS ARE ON YOUR MIND, YOU SHOULD ATTEND…
This event will explore how Brandeis HSSP majors can and have put their knowledge and skills
to work in professional settings, including internships and careers. We will host a number of
current HSSP students and alumni who will share their experiences with internships and
employment and who will also answer your questions. Through this event, you will gain a better
understanding of how you can make solid career choices consistent with your HSSP major.
This event is open to the entire Brandeis community. Light refreshments will be served. Co-
sponsored by The HSSP Program and The Hiatt Career Center.
*Please RSVP here. If you RSVP, please attend.*
From Classroom to Career Guest Speakers
Current HSSP students with internship experience
- Rebecca Groner, HSSP Junior ~ Intern with the National Consumers League, Washington D.C.
- Arianna Sjamsu, HSSP Senior ~ Fellow with the Stephen B. Kay Fellowship in Healthy Aging, Waltham, MA. and Intern with PT. Vale Tbk Hospital, Sorowako, South Sulawesi, Indonesia.
- Madison Sullivan, HSSP Senior ~ Intern with Project Bread, Boston, MA.
HSSP alumni with employment experience
- Zoha Hussain, HSSP ’14 Alum ~ Informatics Analyst with Southcoast Health System & Southcoast Hospitals
- Gabrielle Katz, HSSP ’12 Alum and Heller MPP Candidate ~Fellow with the Stephen B. Kay Fellowship in Healthy Aging, Waltham, MA. and Health Policy Analyst Aid with RTI International, Waltham, MA.
- David Kratzer, HSSP ’13 Alum ~ Tax-Exempt Finance Analyst (Healthcare Group) with the PFM Group, Boston,
- Ben Taterka, HSSP ’14 Alum ~ Research and Project Coordinator with VBA Physician Network Services, LLC, Concord, MA.
The Master of Public Health
Do you or someone you know want to learn about:
- how to earn a Masters in Public Health?
- details about this masters program?
- the diverse career opportunities earning this masters can offer?
- strategizing to make this happen?
Please join the Hiatt Career Center, the Heller School of Public Management, and the Health: Science, Society, and Policy program for this first ever event.
Questions? Contact Emily Greenwald (HSSP Undergraduate Representative) at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there!!!