Want to declare in HSSP?
Begin by reading our FAQ sheet!
Requirements for Minor
To earn a minor in Health: Science, Society and Policy, students must complete 6 courses (24 credits):
- Core “Science” Course:
- BIOL 14a - Genetics & Genomics,
- BIOL 15b - Cells & Organisms,
- BIOL 16a - Evolution & Biodiversity, or
- BIOL 42a - Physiology
Core “Society” Course:
- SOC 191a - Health, Community & Society
Core “Policy” Course:
- HSSP 104b - American Health Care, or
- LGLS 114a - American Health Care: Law & Policy
HSSP 100b -Introduction to Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Population Health
Open to HSSP Juniors and HSSP Seniors, HSSP 100b is offered in both fall and spring semesters; and generally taken in the Junior year
1st Elective from one of the 3 focal areas
2nd Elective from another of the 3 focal areas
Entrance into senior year HSSP core courses can only be guaranteed to those students who declare their HSSP minor before the end of their junior year, regardless of the number of satisfactorily completed courses.
- Among courses offered to fulfill the requirements for this minor, no course may be taken pass/fail and all grades counting toward an HSSP must be at least a C-.