Linguistics Undergraduate Advising
For the Spring 2017 semester, students can see Professor Sophia Malamud (office: Volen 137) or Professor Lotus Goldberg (office: Volen 134) for undergraduate linguistics advising—including declaring or changing majors and minors, and to obtain study abroad advising or signatures.
However, students are encouraged to see Prof. Malamud when possible, with just the exception that those coming for detailed advising about the computational linguistics curriculum or M.A. program should especially see Prof. Goldberg. (Note that Professor Keith Plaster is not doing advising this term.)
Office Hours open to those coming for Advising in Spring 2017 are as follows:
- Prof. Malamud:
- Tuesdays 12:00-1:00pm [Priority for advising]
- Wednesdays 3:30-4:30pm [Priority to those coming for her Semantics course]
- Fridays 2:00-3:00pm [Priority for advising]
- by appointment, for those who cannot make these scheduled times
- Prof. Goldberg:
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:30am [Priority for advising]
Office Hour times listed with 'Priority for Advising' mean that students not coming for advising will be seen only once all coming for advising have been seen. This may mean that those coming for something other than advising (such as help with course material) do not get seen before the hour finishes.