Resources and Career Connections
The following resources may help current Brandeis students connect with each other and related organizations and help alums connect with other alums and next steps in their lives and careers.
Brandeis Resources for Current Students
- Sexual Assault Services and Prevention
- Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance (FMLA)
- Brandeis Students Against Sexual Violence
- Brandeis Queer Life
- SpeakOut! Brandeis
- Women's Studies Research Center
- Graduate Consortium in Women's Studies
Career Connections and Resources
The women's, gender, and sexuality studies curriculum prepares students for a wide range of careers. Students who take courses in women's, gender, and sexuality studies gain valuable skills in research and analysis, critical thinking, writing and public speaking, creative problem solving, leadership, conflict resolution and team building.
Students undertaking the M.A. will find the women's, gender, and sexuality studies degree highly valuable for careers as diverse as public policy, social service, education, writing, management, counseling and publishing. For Ph.D. students, the women's, gender, and sexuality studies M.A. is excellent preparation for research on women, gender, or sexuality, for theoretical inquiry, and for teaching jobs in women's, gender, and sexuality studies programs and their chosen discipline.
Graduates of our program are applying their skills and knowledge to academic and professional pursuits in medicine, law, education, government, social service, public policy, religion, counseling, international relations, journalism, publishing, business and the arts.
Join our LinkedIn Group!
Brandeis' Hiatt Career Center is an excellent resource for career planning and job search services. Check out their major page here. Women's and Gender Studies' Hiatt liaison is Jackie Blesso.
You may also find the following resources helpful as you plan your career.
- Academic360 (all academic jobs)
- Academic Jobs EU (overseas academic jobs)
- Advancing Women
- Feminist.com (women-owned business job bank)
- Feminist Majority Career Center
- National Consortium of Directors (higher education jobs)
- National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA)
- Women’s Studies Database employment listing