Students starting the Gateway Program this summer and the Transitional Year Program this fall should contact their program directors for specifics on the registration process. All other new students should adhere to the registration information detailed on this page.
For More Help
If you need any additional assistance while registering, contact us during regular business hours.
New Undergraduate Registration Information
By following these instructions you will register for classes using Sage, our online registration system. For information on how to add, drop and swap classes in Sage and use Class Search in Sage, please click on the user guide link.
This information is for the academic year 2016-2017.
UWS Selection June 13 - June 22
- ALL new students, whether starting in the Fall or in January, should participate in the University Writing Seminar (UWS) selection process.
- Students must log on to sage to enter UWS class selections: click on the "Required Seminar Pre-Selection" link in the Academics section of the Student Center.
- As enrollment in each seminar is limited, students are asked to rank their preferences for UWS classes. A lottery process is used to assign students to one of their choices; the majority of students receive one of their top five choices.
- For details about UWS classes, please see the University Writing Program website.
On June 24 Students will be informed via email which UWS they have been enrolled in.
Registration July 7 - July 12
- For Fall-Entry Students
Online registration for all fall semester 2016 classes will take place in Sage beginning at 10am on July 7. Students can also add/drop spring semester 2017 UWS classes. Class registration is conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, so please register early to maximize course choice.
- For Midyear-Entry (January) Students
Online registration will be open so students can add/drop spring semester 2017 UWS classes only. Midyear students will register online for the rest of their spring semester classes beginning November 2, 2016 — an email with registration instructions will be sent to all mid-year students in October.
Placement Tests and Placement Information
(foreign languages, chemistry, mathematics, and physics)
- Students who plan to take a foreign language, chemistry, mathematics, or physics class must review the information on placement and complete the appropriate placement test prior to registering.