Non-Brandeis Summer School
Students may petition the Office of the University Registrar to take summer school courses outside of Brandeis toward the Brandeis University degree. Approved courses are for requirement purpose only. This means that the courses can be used towards general university requirements and major/minor requirements, but the grades and units will NOT be transferred. Students are advised not to take a course for which written approval has not been received.
Minimum Transfer Credit Requirements:
- Acceptable summer sessions comprise a minimum of 5 weeks and 37 contact hours; foreign language courses require 52 contact hours.
- A minimum grade of B- or better must be earned in the course.
- Students cannot earn credit for more than 3 semester courses in a single summer; 2 courses in a single session.*
- Course content must be deemed appropriate by the Office of the University Registrar.
*The three semester course maximum applies to both Brandeis and non-Brandeis summer school courses. The total number of summer courses that can be applied to a student's degree, no matter where the courses are taken, cannot exceed three semester courses.
- Complete the online summer school petition. You may petition for up to 2 courses at a time. Lecture and lab sequences must be entered separately. (e.g. input lecture information as course 1; input lab information as course 2)
- You will be required to upload a course syllabus for each course. If a current syllabus is not available, you can upload the syllabus for a different semester as long as the course content is the same.
- Online courses require additional information.
- You must submit a final transcript to the Office of the University Registrar once the courses are complete.