Summer Residential Advisor
May. 26, 2014
Thoroughly review the following information and submit your application by sending an e-mail including your resume, a cover letter, and your summer availability including any scheduling conflicts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject should read: Residential Advisor Application -- Your Name. Applicants will be considered based on the following criteria: availability, experience and relevant skills. Interviews will be scheduled as needed.
Summer Residential Advisors (RA) for the New York Film Academy (NYFA) Summer Teen Camp held at Harvard University will perform both an administrative and student life role and will be directly supervised by the Residence Director. This position requires staff to live in the residence hall and be available 24 hours a day, excluding days off. Below are some of the specific tasks and responsibilities that will be performed (subject to change):
• Interact with students in a camp counselor role
• Lead groups of students to class and activities--transportation by both subway and walking
• Prepare residence hall and student rooms for new arrivals: create bulletin boards and door decorations, stock rooms with food and supplies, clean rooms
• Perform check-ins and checkouts every weekend
• Develop, plan and implement activities and events
• Participate in on-call duty rotation
• Enforce New York Film Academy policies
• Enforce curfew and perform nightly room checks
• Do building rounds to ensure student safety and enforce policies
• Perform random Health and Safety Inspections
• Attend staff meetings held on a daily and as-needed basis
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
• Experience working with students, preferably teenagers, in a professional or camp setting a MUST.
• Related acting/film/arts experience a plus, but not required
• Excellent leadership, communication and people skills
• Good organizational, time management and project management skills
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt, think outside the box and handle unexpected and stressful situations
• Must be able to take criticism and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
• Must be a team player and enjoy working with teenage students
Summer Resident Advisors will be required to be available from June 19, 2014 through August 10, 2014 and will not be permitted to take a vacation or leave of absence. Staff must be available to work every Saturday and Sunday and will be allowed one scheduled day off each week. Any availability conflicts must be disclosed during the application process.
Hours Required: 6 days/week