Marketing and Development Internship
Dec. 19, 2013
Greater Waltham Arc invites students to consider an internship in marketing and development at our agency. We are a 57 year old nonprofit human services provider of services to intellectually and developmentally disabled children, adults, and their families. We serve over 300 persons a year in day habilitation, agency owned business and community employment and recreation services.
As we are state funded, GWArc depends on fund raising and grant writing to enhance our programs and services. The agency has a full time experienced Director of Marketing & Development who would supervise the intern with direction from the Chief Executive Officer. GWArc has several ongoing fund raising events, the Harvest Breakfast, Annual Appeal, and a spring fundraising dinner held annually in the community. The CEO and Director have designed a development plan and strategies as we seek to increase private and corporate donor ship. The tasks of an intern could range from community outreach to in- house ongoing projects that need to be completed. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective from our interns.
A sample of some of the duties an intern could be responsible for include:
- Event planning – ad book, entertainment, gifts, etc. for 43rd Annual Harvest Breakfast (October)
- Preparation for Annual Meeting and Community Awards event (November)
- Participation in preparation of three annual newsletters (January, May, October)
- Assistance in Annual Appeal with mailings and follow up (November, February, April)
- Expansion of fifth Annual fund-raising dinner (April) with raffle, entertainment, auction
- Preparation for Volunteer Thank You event (May)
- Compiling and developing ongoing business/individual connections for in -kind and monetary donations, including college contacts. .
- Updating of brochures, display boards and other print media to be used at expos, annual meetings, and community events
- Updating of social media contacts – Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact and web site
- Writing press releases and interfacing with local newspapers, arranging and appearing on WCAC-Waltham cable tv public service announcements
GWArc recognizes the importance of offering work experience to future members of the work force and strives to create and supervise a meaningful experience for interns which will add to their portfolio and work skills. We seek a reliable, confident and creative student who can connect with our mission to serve the disabled. We are located off Moody St. in Waltham and have a cordial and busy staff to support marketing efforts. Interns and staff represent the agency in the community and we seek polished presentation and appearance. Computer literacy, excellent writing skills, and reliable transportation arrangements are a must.
This is an 10-12 hour/week position at 56 Chestnut St. Waltham, MA
Available from mid-May on, not immediately
We invite you to view our web site – www. gwarc.org for more information.
Contact Roslynn Rubin, Ed.D, Chief Executive Officer email@example.com (inquiries by email only please), if you are interested in joining us. Please send resume and cover letter . Candidates of interest will be contacted in April
send resume and cover letter . Candidates of interest will be contacted in April