Live-in AuPair/Nanny Wanted in NYC
Jun. 14, 2013
We have a 3-year old daughter who is an energetic, happy, independent toddler. She loves to play outside, read books, play hide-and-seek, blow bubbles, and have fun! We are looking for a recent college graduate who loves to play with children, has a big heart, a lot of patience (you need lots of it with toddlers!), and wants to live in the heart of New York City for 1 year.
Skills and Duties:
This position will start in July/August 2013. We have had 2 prior live-in nannies who were a part of our family and traveled all over the world with us and loved it!
• Drop-off/pick-up from school and extracurricular activities
• Schedule and oversee playdates
• Be creative and imaginative and come up with other activities such as museum visits, library storytime, craft projects to keep our daughter engaged and excited
• Teach numbers and letters in a fun, creative way
• Keep our daughter on her schedule for her nap, eating, and sleep
• Prepare (usually means just heating up, but sometimes cooking) healthy, balanced meals for our daughter
• Minor housekeeping (keeping my daughter’s room clean, doing her laundry, putting away toys/books/clothes daily) – we have a housekeeper so you will not be cleaning bathrooms or floors or anything major
• Occasionally walking our 2 adorable norfolk terriers
• Able to travel with us (domestically or internationally for vacations)
• College degree from a 4-year university; early childhood education a BONUS!
• At least 3 years of prior babysitting/nanny experience with solid references
• Non-smoker/no drug use
• Warm, loving, caring person who loves kids
• Must be extremely organized and a self-starter
• Able to listen and follow directions quickly
• Honest hardworker
• Must love dogs (we have 2 adorable Norfolk terriers who love people)
• Enthusiastic, “can-do” attitude
• Able to travel domestically and internationally (must have passport)
• Extremely flexible schedule (generally, 2 days off a week, but we determine your days off depending on our schedule. Typically at least one weekend day off)
• Toddler CPR/first-aid trained (will pay for the certification program if necessary)
• Able to drive with a clean-driving record is a PLUS!
• Must be okay sharing a room with our daughter
$30,000/year plus free room and board