SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHY OF AMERICAN JEWRY
OCTOBER 23-24, 2011 BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02454
DIRECTIONS TO BRANDEIS CAMPUS AND CONFERENCE HOTEL
Visiting Brandeis (link to http://www.brandeis.edu/about/visiting/directions.html)
Sun., Oct. 23 (Mandel Humanities Center)
Mandel Forum for registration and wine/dinner event
Mandel G12 for sessions
Mon., Oct. 24
Breakfast and lunch: International Lounge, Usdan
Rapaporte Treasure Hall, Goldfarb Library
A block of rooms is available for participants at the Boston Marriot Newton, 2345 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton. Please note there is no public transportation to the hotel or from the hotel to Brandeis. However, a Brandeis van will shuttle participants from the hotel to Brandeis on Sunday afternoon (scheduled pickups will be 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30 pm) and Monday morning (scheduled pickups will be 7:45, 8:15, 8:45 am).
- Phone: 1-617-969-1000
- Name of room block: Socio-Demography Conference/Brandeis University
- Rate: $129 per night plus applicable taxes per room
- Breakfast and parking not included
- Rooms will be held at this rate until September 29, 2011
Taxis are readily available as you exit the terminal - these usually charge $70 including tip to the conference hotel or the Brandeis campus.
Following are shuttle services that take online reservations and can include several passengers if noted on the same reservation. Please add 15% tip and $12 toll fee to the below prices.
- http://www.lowelltransportation.com/ quotes $55 for mini-van of up to 4 passengers booked together, $65 for a van of up to 5 passengers, and so on. Tel: 978 851-7700
- http://www.ultimatelivery.com/ quotes $43 for first passenger, $10 per each additional passenger if booked at the same time. Online discount only.
- http://www.goairportshuttle.com/ quotes $43 for single passenger from the airport. This is a national online service so be very careful in filling in your requirements.
- Shuttle drivers await you at the designated Limo stand. Click here for details
Public transport to Brandeis campus (not to hotels)
- Blue & white shuttle bus #22 or #33 outside terminal stops at Airport subway stop for the Blue Line. The Blue Line will take you into Boston for $2, and you may change for the Orange or Green Line, which take you to North Station.
- Note that the Green Line station at "Government Center" has an elevator. The Orange Line station at "State" does not.
- At North Station, walk over to Commuter Rail service to Fitchburg, which stops at Brandeis-Roberts for $5. You will be just outside Brandeis campus.
By Train (commuter rail)
Commuter train service is available from Boston's North Station (Fitchburg/South Acton line) to the Brandeis-Roberts Station that borders the campus.
Driving Instructions (to Brandeis campus)
- From the Mass. Turnpike (I-90) Eastbound
Take exit 14 for I-95/Rt 128. After the toll, keep left for 95/128 North. While on ramp, exit immediately onto exit 24 for Route 30. Bear left onto Route 30. Turn right at first traffic light onto River Road. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.
- From the Mass. Turnpike (I-90) Westbound
Take exit 15 for I-95/Rt 128 and Route 30. After the toll proceed straight for Route 30. Turn right at end of the ramp, and then right again at first traffic light onto Route 30. Turn left at next traffic light onto River Road. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.
- From I-95/Route 128 Southbound
Take exit 24 for Route 30. At end of ramp, proceed through traffic light (across Route 30) onto River Road. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.
- From I-95/Route 128 Northbound
Take exit 24 for Route 30. Route 30 is one of several options at this exit, so follow signs carefully. Turn left at the top of the ramp onto Route 30. Turn right at the traffic lights onto River Street. Follow this for 1.5 miles, where it turns into South Street. Brandeis is one-half mile ahead on the left, at 415 South Street.