Steps to Student Employment at Brandeis University
Complete the Form I-9
- This form must be completed with Student Financial Services BEFORE you start working if you have FWS or a job offer.
- Requires you to show us original documents which prove your identity and eligibility to work.
- Read the second page of the form for a list of acceptable documents Original copy of a federal ID will be required.
- Complete, sign, and date Section I only, and turn it in to the office of Student Financial Services with your identification.
- You only need to complete this form once during your time at Brandeis.
If this is your first time visiting the Student Job Opportunities site you must register by clicking the Register Here link.
- Enter a username and password and click Register (for continuity, we recommend registering with our unet ID and password).
- You will be brought back to the window containing the job openings. Please click on the title of the job to view the job description.
- If you meet the required criteria, you can apply for the job by clicking the Apply Now button. You will be prompted to upload a resume, enter biographical information, answer two questions, and agree to the terms.
- As a returning user you will have the option of uploading a new resume or using the one you previously uploaded. You will not have to provide the biographical information after you first register.
- Once you have applied for a job, you will get an acknowledgement email. If the supervisor finds that you are eligible for the position then they will contact you for an interview.
Sign up for Direct Deposit
Once you have been hired into a job you will receive an email telling you to log onto pay.brandeis.edu to complete:
- Direct Deposit Signup, have your checking or savings account information ready. Direct Deposit is the preferred method of payment for all employees.
- A W-4 FORM: Establishes how much money to take out of your check for Federal taxes.