Hilary Heyison ‘13
Involvement on campus: Waltham Group Coordinator, Relay for Life Committee Chair, PA for an HSSP Experiential Learning Course, Orientation Leader, works in Gosman.
What is your favorite part of working for Student Activities? I really enjoy getting to know everyone who sends out the emails to the Brandeis Community, learning about work in higher education, and how all of the programming at Brandeis comes together.
How has this involvement impacted your time at Brandeis? Through my work I have gotten to know a lot more staff members at Brandeis and have thought more about working with college age students in the future! I have also gotten to know more about all of the clubs and events on campus, and have found myself going to more events because of this!
Do you have a favorite memory of your time with Student Activities or at Brandeis? I don't have one specific memory... but I love the fact that I can always find a snack at the office! Everyone at the office always wants you to be well fed and it reminds me of home!
The Campus Center is a great place to advertise for events. All advertisements must be approved by the Info Booth Staff and placed via thumb tack on the bulletin boards within the building, or hung with string from the second floor banister. Any questions please ask the Info Booth Staff.
Did You Know?
The Campus Center was designed by the award-winning firm Thompson and Rose in Cambridge and is thought to be the “living room of the campus.”
During the 2009-2010 academic year, there were 4,360 bookings within the Campus Center. The building was reserved for 23,000 hours!
Shapiro Campus Center
The Shapiro Campus Center opened in 2002, thanks to a generous contribution from Carl and Ruth Shapiro. In support of the mission of Brandeis University, the Shapiro Campus Center is a space to promote and enhance campus life and unity. The Shapiro Campus Center, a student-directed and administratively supported space, is a reflection of the passion, devotion, strength and enthusiasm found throughout the Brandeis community.
The Center is accessible by ID card 24 hours a day. The Information Booth and conference rooms are open during the following hours:
Monday through Friday
10:00a.m. to 11:30pm
Saturday and Sunday
2:00p.m. to 11:30pm
The Info Desk can be reached via phone at 781-736-4770.
How Do I Use the Building?
The administrative offices are open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Many students are in their club spaces throughout the day and evening hours, check individual websites for office hours. If you would like to reserve any of the spaces (conference rooms, Art Gallery, Multi-purpose Room, Atrium, Theater) fill out the space request form and submit it to the Department of Student Activities.
What's In It For You?
There are many resources for students housed within the Campus Center.
- Atrium: heart of the Campus Center - bookable for events and home to our ongoing vendor program. See below for a schedule of who and when vendors will be on campus.
- TV Lounge: study, watch TV, or simply hang out. Due to its nature, this is not a reservable space.
- Brandeis Tickets: purchase your tickets to campus music, theater and other events
- Study Library: set up your own laptop or study with a group at the tables provided
- Brandeis Bookstore: one stop shopping for all of your academic and Brandeis Apparel needs
- Einstein Bros. Cafe: open late for caffeine lovers and late night snackers
- Carl J. Shapiro Theater: home of the Undergraduate Theater Collective (UTC)
- Computer Library and Study Rooms: accessible 24 hours for your use
- the Justice
- Student Events
- Dean of Student Life Office
- Student Life Suite: home of the Department of Student Activities, Department of Community Service, Department of Student Rights and Community Standards, and Department of Orientation
- Multi-Purpose Room: reservable during Info Booth operating hours
- Dark Room: home of the Photography Club
- The Archon Yearbook
- Student Union/Club Resource Room
- Conference Rooms: open and reservable during Info Booth operating hours
- Commuter Lounge: accessible to all off campus students with a Brandeis ID
- Art Gallery: available for both meetings and art exhibits. If you're interested in displaying an exhibit, contact the Department of Student Activities.
- Waltham Group
- Women's Resource Center
- Students Sexuality Information Services (SSIS)
- Brandeis Media Coalition
- Students for Environmental Action
- Brandeis Television (BTV)
- WBRS 100.1 FM
Your Favorite Vendor is Coming to Town:
Check back for the updated schedule of commerical vendors. Vendors are typically on campus from 9:00am-5:00pm and sell an assortment of products, ranging from posters to jewelry to plants to flags. Stop by and find something fun to decorate your dorm room or give as a gift!