Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2013-14 academic year. Applications will be re-opened in April of 2014 for the incoming class of 2018.
For more information please contact Allison Leventhal, Assistant Director of Community Living for Programs and Resident Support.
Leader Scholar Communities (LSC)
Brandeis University's LSCs bring together incoming first-year students who share an interest in leadership, academic and co-curricular learning in a residential setting. Students in the programs will participate in experiential learning practicum linked to several related courses, with faculty members and other well-known speakers offering guest lectures at some or most sessions.
5 facts about the LSCs
- LSCs are no more than 20 students per community in order to maintain the intimate nature of the program.
- LSC participants will be housed in renovated buildings with peers that have similar academic and/or personal interests.
- LSC participants will have a Community Advisor that is specially selected to do programming in line with the theme of the LSC.
- LSC participants are required to be enrolled in a 1 credit practicum course taught by a graduate Teaching Fellow.
- LSC practicum courses will feature guest lectures and discussions from top Brandeis faculty in a small group setting.