The Department of Community Living has just completed the review of candidates for 2014-2015 Community Advisor (CA) appointments. Community Living is seeking candidates who are flexible, creative, and enthusiastic about the Brandeis residential community. The CA position requires well-developed interpersonal skills, a genuine interest in working with a wide variety of people, and an ability to perform in an organized and responsible manner under conditions that may be stressful.
- Have completed a minimum of one year of post-secondary coursework before the period of appointment.
- Have lived in campus housing for a minimum of one semester prior to time of appointment (preference given to Brandeis residential experience).
- Must be enrolled as a full-time credit bearing undergraduate or graduate student at Brandeis University for the nine month academic year.
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average and maintain good academic standing for the entire period of appointment.
- Must participate in all trainings, in-services, meetings, etc., before the beginning of the school year through closing of the residence halls. This requires arriving to campus prior to other students and staying later than other students. Approximate dates are as follows. Final dates will be included with all position offers:
- Fall Training: CAs are expected to be return to campus in mid-August, 2014.
- Winter Closing: CAs are expected to stay until 5 pm on Friday, December 19, 2014.
- Winter Training: CAs are expected to return to campus on or shortly after Monday, January 5th, 2015.
- Spring Closing: CAs are expected to stay until 5 pm on Saturday, May 9th, 2015, and will be given the opportunity to stay until the day after commencement.
- These dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Must attend weekly staff meetings on Tuesdays from 7 to 10:30pm throughout the entire period of appointment.
The CA application process begins mid-November and concludes mid-February. The application process includes a written application, two recommendations, and individual and group interviews. All portions of the application process must be completed for your candidacy to be considered. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Information session attendance, although not required, is strongly encouraged. Sessions will last roughly 30 minutes. We will post information for the 2015-2016 sessions in the late Fall of 2014.
Please note this is the timeline for the cycle that just concluded.
|Jan 14th - 17th||Information Sessions|
|Jan. 24th||Application materials due by 12pm noon to the Department of Community Living (Usdan G032, MS: 220). Late materials will not be accepted.|
|Individual and Group Interviews|
|By Feb. 21st||Candidate Notification of Decision and Placement|
|February 28th||Candidate Letters of Intent Due|
Please feel free to call, email, or stop by the office with any questions or concerns. The Department of Community Living is located in Usdan on the first floor in room G032. We are open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.