The 2014 Room Selection Guide contains important policies and other helpful information. Please consult the guide and the FAQ section of our website for more information on room selection.
New in 2014
The Department of Community Living has made a few changes to room selection for 2014 and housing designations for 2014-2015. This page contains a complete list of new policies, options, and housing designations, as well as recent changes to room selection and housing policies in the last few years.
Room Selection is all on line
- You will no longer need to appear at a certain day and time to select your room
- You will still need to apply (a.k.a. check the box) by January 31st
- After applying students will form their friend groups of other students they want to live with
- March 9 - 20 students will log into myhousing and select their room for Fall 2014
Study Abroad Room Selection
- There is a separate room selection for students applying to study abroad for spring 2015. Please see the study abroad website and the study abroad section of our website for more information.
- Village B and C Houses and suites in Ziv 128 will be available for students applying to study abroad for spring 2015.
- All students who apply to study abroad will receive a study abroad room selection number. Students who are accepted to study abroad in the fall will have their room selection number revoked.
Junior/Senior Single Options
- Two suites in Ziv are available for juniors and seniors to select as single rooms. These suites will be mixed-gender. Pull-ins will not be available for spaces in these suites.
- Efficiency apartments in Charles River will be available as single room studio apartments.
- Singles in North are available for sophomores.
- Village A House are available for sophomores only.
- Efficiencies in Charles River are available for juniors and seniors.
- Gender neutral housing is available for sophomores, juniors, and seniors in all mixed-gender areas. See the Gender Neutral Housing Policy for more details.
Common Cause Communities
- Common Cause Communities (C3) are living options for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. There are three communities, each unique to a class and quad:
- Be the Change Suites for sophomores in Castle
- Substance Free Living for sophomores in the Village
- Balanced Living House for seniors in Ridgewood
- Students must apply to live in these areas. Applications are due January 31st.
- Please see the Common Cause Communities website for more information.