New in 2013
The Department of Community Living has made a few changes to room selection for 2013 and housing designations for 2013-2014. This page contains a complete list of new policies, options, and housing designations, as well as recent changes to room selection and housing policies in the last few years.
Study Abroad Room Selection
- There is a separate room selection for students applying to study abroad for spring 2014. Please see the study abroad website and the study abroad section of our website for more information.
- Village B and C Houses and suites in Ziv 130 will be available for students applying to study abroad for spring 2014.
- All students who apply to study abroad will receive a study abroad room selection number. Students who are accepted to study abroad in the fall will have their room selection number revoked.
Junior/Senior Single Options
- Two suites in Ziv are available for juniors and seniors to select as single rooms. These suites will be mixed-gender. Pull-ins will not be available for spaces in these suites.
- Efficiency apartments in Charles River will be available as single room studio apartments.
- Singles in North and Massell are available for sophomores.
- Village A House are available for sophomores only.
- Efficiencies in Charles River are available for juniors and seniors.
- Gender neutral housing is available for sophomores, juniors, and seniors in all mixed-gender areas. See the Gender Neutral Housing Policy for more details.
- The first floor of Village C will be divided into single gender areas; rooms 106-112 will be male and rooms 118-133 will be all female. All other Village floors are mixed-gender.
Common Cause Communities
- Common Cause Communities (C3) are living options for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. There are three communities, each unique to a class and quad:
- Be the Change Suites for sophomores in Rosenthal
- Substance Free Living for juniors and seniors in Ziv
- Balanced Living House for seniors in Ridgewood
- Students must apply to live in these areas. Applications are due Monday, February 1.
- Please see the Common Cause Communities website for more information.