For Students Studying Abroad

If you are a student studying abroad in the fall semester and returning to campus in the spring semester, and if you wish to live on-campus, please complete a Spring Semester Housing Request form.

If you are a student studying abroad for the spring semester and returning to campus in the fall, then you can participate in room selection via proxy.  Students can sign-up for room selection by checking the box in SAGE by January 31.  Students will receive their lottery numbers via email at the same time as students living on-campus.

The following policies apply to students who apply, and are approved, to study abroad for any portion of the 2013-2014 academic year.

  • The Village and a select number of suites in Ziv are available for students studying abroad in spring 2014.
  • All students who apply to study abroad for the spring and sign up for room selection will be assigned numbers F1-F1000.
  • Students who withdraw from studying abroad prior to room selection will have their lottery number converted to a regular room selection number.
  • Students who apply to study abroad for fall 2013 or the full academic year will be removed from the room selection process.
  • Students approved to study abroad in spring 2014 will participate in a separate room selection on Thursday, March 7.
  • Any student approved to study abroad in the spring semester will be guaranteed on-campus housing.
  • Students who do not check the box or do not attend room selection are not guaranteed housing.
  • Students selecting the Village for the fall semester and not studying abroad in the spring may have to change housing for the spring semester.  Housing is not guaranteed for the spring semester.

More information regarding the new housing policies related to study abroad can be found in the Room Selection section of our website on the Frequently Asked Questions page.  You can also email us at if you have any questions regarding study abroad and housing.


The following forms are for students studying abroad who wish to live on-campus upon their return.

Study Abroad Proxy Form (for Room Selection)

Spring Housing Request Form (for students studying abroad in the fall)