Community Development Coordinator
George Marshall Jr.
Quad Office: Charles River Commons
Welcome to Charles River Apartments
Charles River offers an apartment-style living environment located in an off campus setting while still providing residents an on campus community lifestyle. The Charles River Apartments are home to juniors, seniors and graduate students who enjoy the privacy of the apartment style living as well as its on-campus feel.
There are four buildings in the Charles River Quad, each commonly referred to by students by their address number. These buildings include:
- Morton May, 110 Angleside Road
- Max and Ann Coffman, 150 Charles River Road
- Ollie A. Cohen, 164 Charles River Road
- George E. Lewis, 178 Charles River Road
All apartments will be renovated during the summer of 2010. Renovations included remodeled kitchens, new appliances, new bathrooms, new floors, new furniture, lighting, and repainted walls.
Charles River is staffed by five Community Advisors (CAs) who provide support, connection and resources to students within the Charles River community.
The Community Development Coordinator (CDC), a live-in full time professional staff member with an advanced degree, supervises the CAs and manages the residence halls.
The Community Development Coordinator holds regular office hours in the quad office.
- Charles River has efficiency, two, three, and five bedroom apartments.
- All apartments have a kitchen area and bathroom facilities.
- Efficiency apartments are one room apartments for two people with a kitchenette and private bathroom.
- Two bedroom apartments have single rooms for two people with a shared kitchen area and bathroom. Some two bedroom apartments have a living area while others do not.
- Three bedroom apartments have three single rooms, a shared kitchen area, a bathroom and a living room.
- Five bedroom apartments have five single rooms, a kitchen area, two bathrooms and a living room.
- Efficiency apartments are approximately 320 square feet.
- Single rooms range from approximately 90 square feet to 160 square feet.
- Students are responsible for cleaning kitchens, bathrooms and shared living areas.
- The Gorstein Commons Room, (Charles River commons), located in 150 Coffman, is a large commons area space available for students. The room has a large screen TV, a variety of seating arrangements and a kitchen area.
- The Brandeis Shuttle (Bran Van) provides regular service between the Charles River Apartments and the main campus.
- Parking is available on the Charles River premises.
- Each Charles River building has a coin-operated laundry facility for student laundry needs.