Community Development Coordinator
Quad Office: Hassenfeld 316
For a CA on call between 9pm and 9am call 781-736-6760
If this is an emergency call Brandeis Police at 781-736-5000
Welcome to East Quad
Found in a quiet wooded area of upper campus, East Quad is home to the majority of sophomores on campus. East Quad is comprised of four sections with six names: Hassenfeld-Krivof, Shapiro House, Pomerantz-Rubenstein and Swig, yet students refer to the main residence hall buildings as Hassenfeld and Pomerantz. East Quad is conveniently located across the street from Gosman Sports Center and steps away from the Health Center and the Intercultural Center. East was designed to maximize the potential of the residence living environment to become a tight-knit community. With open lounges on most floors, extended corridors, a community kitchen and large common areas, life in East is anything but dull. The top floors of East also provide residents with a clear, breathtaking view of the Boston skyline.
- Residence Life staff members work with students to develop a broad range of social and educational programs including: cultural cooking nights, speakers, trips into Boston, relaxation programs and much more. One example of the special events occurs in the fall semester when students gather over waffles and maple syrup to celebrate the unique ceilings in the building with the annual Wafflefest.
- Each floor has a Community Advisor (CA) who engages residents in establishing active living/learning environments where each individual in invested in promoting the success and safety of all members of the community.
- East has 13 CAs.
- CAs create and execute programs with their floor and the quad, address a plethora of student concerns and support the quad staff when issues arise.
- The Community Development Coordinator (CDC), a live-in full time professional staff member with an advanced degree, supervises the CAs and manages the residence halls
- The Community Development Coordinator holds regular office hours in the quad office
- Single sex and mixed gender floors
- Traditional style residence halls with single and double rooms
- Singles are approximately 100 to 140 square feet
- Doubles are approximately 200 square feet
- Laundry Facilities
- Open Floor Lounges
- Large lounge with TV
- Community kitchen