Community Development Coordinator
Quad Office: Reitman 8
For a CA on call between 9pm and 9am call 781-736-6064
If this is an emergency call Brandeis Police at 781-736-5000
Welcome to North Quad
North Quad, originally named Leon Court, is comprised of four buildings surrounding a tranquil courtyard: Scheffres, Gordon, Reitman and Cable. Students living in North enjoy traditional-style residence hall living on single sex and mixed gender floors. North Quad sits at the top of campus next to the Rabb Academic Quad, housing most humanities classes, and the Kutz Hall administrative building, housing the University Registrar, Campus Card Office and International Students & Scholars Office, amongst others. Furthermore, North is only steps from the Usdan Student Center, home to Dining services, Hillel, the C-Store, the campus mailroom, the Chaplains Offices, Academic Services, Hiatt Career Center and the Department of Residence Life.
- 13 Community Advisors (CAs) who are students that facilitate programs for their floor and the quad, address student concerns and assist students in problem solving and community development.
- There is one CA for each floor community.
- CAs also provide on-call duty during the evenings.
- The Community Development Coordinator (CDC), a live-in full time professional staff member with an advanced degree, supervises the CAs and manages the residence halls
- The Community Development Coordinator holds regular office hours in the quad office
- The Quad Office is located on the ground floor of Reitman Hall, room eight.
- Traditional-style residence hall
- Single sex and mixed gender floors
- Double rooms, natural triples and lofted triples are available for first-year students.
- Limited number of singles for sophomores.
- Doubles are on average 180 square feet; natural triples are on average 288 square feet.
- Polaris Lounge, located between Scheffres & Gordon Halls, is open 24 hours. It is used for group or quiet study, cooking, games of foosball and quad-wide events including movie nights, international food festivals and faculty lectures. The lounge is available for reservations.
- Laundry rooms located on the ground floors of Reitman and Cable
- Soda machines located in each building
- Bike rack located outside of Gordon
- Second Floor Lounge with Balcony in every building
- Game Room in Polaris Lounge
- Community kitchens in second floor Cable lounge and Polaris Lounge