Community Development Coordinator
Office: Ridgewood, Building C
For a CA on call between 9pm and 9am call 781-736-4860
If this is an emergency call Brandeis Police at 781-736-5000
Welcome to Ridgewood Quad
The new Ridgewood Quad opened in January 2009. Ridgewood is apartment style housing for juniors and seniors. Ridgewood accommodates approximately 180 students.
- The new Ridgewood Quad is composed of three buildings: Ridgewood A (Jehuda Reinharz Residence Hall), Ridgewood B, and Ridgewood C. Building A is closest to the Admissions parking lot; Building B is closest to the theater lot; Building C is closest to Ziv.
- Ridgewood features primarily 4-person apartments. Ridgewood also has a handful of 6-person apartments in Building B.
- All bedrooms are single bedrooms.
- Each apartment has a private bathroom, kitchen and common area. Kitchens are equipped with a stove, oven, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator and microwave.
- Each building has an elevator.
- All apartments are accessible through a central corridor.
- All three buildings have air-conditioning, wireless Internet and laundry facilities.
- Each building contains a common lounge near the main entrance.
- Building A features the South Campus Commons, a large area with a kitchen and multimedia capabilities for quad events and campus programs, in addition to a common lounge.
- Apartment kitchens and common rooms are all one large area. The kitchen and common room are separated by an island.
- Common areas are furnished with bar stools for the island, two chairs, and one love seat. Six-person apartments will have two additional chairs.
Ridgewood Sustainable Features
Ridgewood was designed and constructed with sustainability and energy conservation in mind. Below are some of the features that make the quad more sustainable, environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
- Use of Eco-Lawn fescue grasses (drought resistance) and use of indigenous plant species in landscaping.
- Use of stormwater runoff, recharge chambers, and no irrigation in Ridgewood Quad to reuse rain water and reduce water consumption.
- Locally manufactured bricks and concrete blocks used in construction.
- Use of steel and aluminum window frames with recycled content.
- Large windows in rooms and public spaces provide more natural light. Florescent lighting used to reduce energy output.
- Low-flow showerheads, energy efficient appliances, and dual flushometer toilets reduce water usage in apartments.
- Each building is staffed by one Community Advisor (CA).
- CAs are supervised by the Ridgewood/Ziv Community Development Coordinator (CDC).
- The Ridgewood staff offices for CAs and the CDC is located on the first floor of Building C.