Where are we?
The Department of Student Activities is located in room 203 in the Shapiro Campus Center, on the second floor.
We are open Monday-Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Brandeis Tickets is located in the Shapiro Campus Center Atrium.
They are open Monday-Friday noon–6 p.m. and Saturday noon–4 p.m.
Update your Google Site and Sign Your Club's Anti-Hazing Form NOW!
Please review your club's information on www.brandeis.edu/clubs. Every year club leaders are asked to complete an Anti-Hazing Form as well as provide the Department of Student Activities with updated club leader information. This year you can do both in one simple online form! Please complete this new Club Google Site Update and Anti-Hazing Acknowledgment Form 2015-2016 so your most up-to-date club info will be reflected on your club's Google Site and to acknowledge your compliance with hazing law. Only one representative per club needs to complete the form. Any club that does not complete this form by mid-September will, as in past years, run the risk of being de-recognized and de-chartered by the Student Union. If you have any questions about the Anti-Hazing Form or Google Sites, please feel free to contact Kelly Whiffen (email@example.com), Department Coordinator.
The goal of Club Connections is to provide opportunities for club leaders to come together in a variety of different capacities throughout the school year.
Club Connections consists primarily of the Activities Fair, the Club Connections Conference, and the Winter Involvement Fair. Every year Student Activities hosts the Club Connections Conference designed to bring club leaders together to kick off each semester. The goal is to provide club leaders with the necessary information and tools in order to plan successful programs and events at Brandeis and to manage club operations efficiently and effectively. The Activities Fair and Winter Involvement Fair, held at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, offer great opportunities to recruit new members and spread the word about your club.
Sunday, August 30, 2015
1 p.m. –3 p.m. (Rain: Levin Ballroom)
Shapiro Campus Center Great Lawn
The Activities Fair is the annual student club and organization fair sponsored by the Department of Student Activities. Each year, representatives from over 200 student clubs and organizations come together to advertise the involvement and engagement opportunities available for students.
Club Leaders - Registration for table space and performance opportunities closed on Friday, August 21 at 5 p.m..
A list of clubs and organizations being represented at this year's Activities Fair is available at http://www.brandeis.edu/
- Clubs will be grouped with other clubs and organizations under the same category.
- This means, sports will be near sports, academic near academic, etc.
- Each group is given HALF of a 6-foot table.
- Please limit your group to having only 2-3 people tabling at one time.
- Be mindful to bring only what can fit in the 3-foot space you will have.
- Be respectful of your partner group, who is sharing the table with you.
- Fair attendees are often attracted by colorful signs, swag, and snacks, so be creative!
- Remember to limit the size of what you bring to fit in the space you have.
- Large items that do not fit in the space or that obstruct walkways will be removed.
- Electrical power will NOT be available.
- Do not bring electronic equipment that needs to be plugged in.
- Amplified sound is NOT permitted.
- SPS will provide music and minimal technical support for club performances.
- Reduce waste by avoiding printed materials.
- Use a sign-up sheet so that you can email attendees with information and/or add them to e-lists.
- Since we will be outdoors, please be prepared for the weather.
- Bring water and wear sunscreen and/or hats, if appropriate.
- Remember that it may be difficult to view laptop and tablet screens in the sun.
- In the event of rain, the Activities Fair will move to Levin Ballroom and all performances will be canceled due to lack of space (the stage will be used for tabling.)
- Decisions regarding weather must be made by 5 p.m. on Thursday, August 27.
- Be engaged!
- Talk to students as they walk by.
- Be ready to describe your group in 15-30 seconds.
In the event of rain, the Activities Fair will move to Levin Ballroom and performances and demonstrations will be canceled due to lack of space (the stage will be used to accommodate club tables).
If you have any questions about the Activities Fair, please feel free to contact Leigh Hilderbrandt (firstname.lastname@example.org), Marketing and Box Office Manager or Robbie Steinberg (email@example.com), Student Activities Specialist. Questions specific to performances should be directed to Robbie.
The Club Connection Conference is a great place to learn all about club resources and event planning.
All clubs should be represented at this conference, so please make sure you have at least one representative in attendance. If you have multiple members that want to attend, we welcome them.
There will be sessions on program planning as well as resources available for club leaders through offices such as Conference and Event Services, Intercultural Center and the Hillel Foundation.
If you have any questions about the Club Connection Conference, please contact Robbie Steinberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Student Activities Specialist.
Winter Involvement Fair
Sunday, January 17, 2016
Shapiro Campus Center, 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
The Involvement Fair provides clubs and organizations with a chance to collectively recruit for members and showcase leadership opportunities. It has also become a great social occasion for students to come together after winter break. Plus, it helps the Brandeis community to be more aware of the many resources within the Shapiro Campus Center. During the Involvement Fair, we highlight campus clubs and organizations by hosting table space and open office hours. In effort to maximize our resources within the SCC, we use rooms throughout the building. We assign each club with half a table in one of the rooms and ask that clubs with office spaces within the building use their offices to hold open office hours.
If you are interested in being a part of this annual tradition, please respond in the following ways:
If your club is interested in having space at a table, please fill out the online form Winter Involvement Fair 2016 - Table Space: http://goo.gl/forms/DvO6I3mWAL This option is not available if your club has office space within the building.
If you would like to participate in the fair by having open office hours, please fill out the online form Winter Involvement Fair2016 - Open Office Hours: http://goo.gl/forms/mCV2981QEB
*Please ensure that only one representative from each organization registers for the club.
The registration deadline is Friday, January 8, 5 pm or when all spaces have been filled. Early registration is highly recommended because spaces often fill up before we reach the registration deadline.