Check out our tips for reflecting on your service work here: Reflecting on Service
Award Program Reflection Essay
The final requirement for this honor is a reflective essay. Written reflection is a powerful way to document your learning and enhance your service experience. Please use the questions below as a guide for writing your reflection essay. In addition to reflecting on your service work, please reference the Commitment to Service program in your essay and how your enrollment in the program contributed to your overall experience while at Brandeis.
- What were your main service activities during your college career? What are some of the highlights of your service experiences?
- What prompted your decision to log your service hours with the CTS Program? What impact has participating in this program had on you?
- What is the most significant thing you have learned a) about yourself and b) about the community in which you served through your service endeavors?
- How will you continue to stay engaged in service after graduation?
- How has your volunteer work impacted your values or career path?
- Tell us a story about the connection you made during you service experience that has most significantly impacted you.
Please follow the format below when writing and submitting your reflection paper:
- Essays should be no less than one page in length and should not exceed three pages
- The font size should be 12 point and the font style should be Times New Roman
- The essays can be single spaced or 1.5 spaced
- Please use standard one inch margins
- Please make sure that your full name is included at the top of the essay
- Please use the following convention when saving your essay – “LastNameFirstInitial.ReflectionEssay.MMYY.” For example, “BleckerE.ReflectionEssay.0417” “WhiffenK.ReflectionEssay.1216” or “MaloL.ReflectionEssay.0317”
- Please submit both a word version and a pdf version of the essay
Reflection essays can be emailed to the Department of Community Service at email@example.com. The essay is a required component in order to receive your CTS medal. We look forward to reading about your service experience!